I am Florence from Switzerland and I have bought this AWESOME car in February to drive it through Chile / Bolivia for a trip. Unfortunately I had to cancel the first half of the trip because I had to go to Santiago and get surgery. But before the operation I already got the chance to drive and live in it for 2 weeks and I must say it is the BEST WAY to travel if you are in to adventure, nature, great experiences...far away from the crowds. I will be driving it another 4-5 weeks in April/May and then I unfortunately already have to go back to Switzerland - so I need to find a buyer for my treasure!
I have bought the car from a Dutch couple who adjusted the 4-runner to a home on wheels! They built in a comfy bed, boughts lots of boxes to put stuff in and thought of EVERYTHING you will be needing on a trip through the wilderness. I am selling the car with everything, all the camping gear, blankets, pillows, cooking stove, dishes, chairs, table....
The front tires are BRAND NEW and while I am in the clinic in Santiago the Car is being checked in a garage.
Toyota is a very reliable brand and if you are in remote places in South America you will always find a mechanic who knows how to fix a Toyota and spare parts are easy to find.
Since the car has Chilean number plates, I HAVE to sell it in Chile...and since I really don‘t have much time left - due to 3 operations I have to do here in Santiago - I am pretty much bound to date and place!
Here are the specifics: Toyota 4-Runner Year 2000
- a 3.4 liter V6-engine automatic 4x4 (runs on unleaded fuel)
- 210.000 km when I bought it (estamation around 220.000 km when we finish the trip)
- high wheelbase (ideal for te offroad-parts of your trip);
- electric windows (front and back);
- electric adjustable mirrors;
- alarmsystem with remote doorlock;
- good radio/cd-player with MP3 and USB-port (to connect your Iphone)
- four 12-volt connections so you can charge the fridge, navigationsystem, other electric equipment
- a bed (real matras) with all the things that comes with it (pillows, sheets, blankets etc);
- 8 storageboxes to put all your stuff in (hidden under the bed, so nobody can see them from outside)
- fully equipped campinggear (seats, table, pots and pans, kettle, BBQ, plates, glasses etc);
- electric fridge (25 liters)
- tools for first aid on the car (startingcables, jack, fire extinguisher (new), ropes, spare-tyre, etc);
- 3 big jerrycans for extra fuel (total of 55 liters) which comes in hand in Bolivia and Patagonia
- extra steeringlock
- a lot of information (maps, guidebooks, info, webpages etc)
- much more....
The car is our home and our means of transportation, reason for us to deal with great care. We are servicing the car on a regular base.
If you are interested in some photos of the car, please check our Flickr-site:
If you are not a Chilean Citizen, in order to buy a car, you need to have a commercial RUT (identification Number).
Please do not hesitate to contact me for more information about the car.