Thanks for the advice all. If it wasn't for the fact that the rent won't cover my mortgage then it would be a no contest. I think i might go away at the end of April, keep the house on the market until the end of May, and if it isn't sold rent it for a year and try again early next year.
I will keep you posted what i finally decide to do. No doubt all will become clear over a few beers at the weekend.
Ah, that would be a problem...the rent should at the very minimum cover the mortgage, thats the catch. No luck there it seems. You are right, I think after a few beers the decision will become clearer...
If i were in your shoes, unless you are about a 9.5, i'd be swearing allot as my feet would hurt. But ignoring that, i think a cross between 1 and 2.
I.e. go away at end of April, but only for a short trip (2-3 months). If it sells in that time, you can continue onwards. If not, come back and do something different/temp work for a bit whilst it sells.
Alternative would be to drop the price. Cut a chunk off it (so that it sells quickly and before the crash), and whilst you won't get all you could have, you are free to start said new life.