Skip Navigation

Male, 19, solo, first time overseas traveling through Europe

Travel Forums Europe Male, 19, solo, first time overseas traveling through Europe

1. Posted by Andrewhortin (First Time Poster 1 posts) 3y

I am wanting to travel over to Europe in roughly 3 months, dont know how long for so i want to get a working visa just so if i want to stay extra i have that option and i would like to see what its like working in bars overseas. How do you go about getting a working visa if your passing through a few countries? Im a bit lost with it. Also roughly how much to take over there for spending/tours and all that. Im looking at going to London, Spain, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Czech, Hungary, Greece, but nothings set in stone because im unsure where to start, any ideas?

2. Posted by Cyberia (Travel Guru 1834 posts) 3y

You cannot just turn up and expect to get a job in a bar or anywhere else. Much of Europe is in recession and all such jobs are taken.

Bring sufficient money to allow for the fact that you may not get a job.

3. Posted by amsel07 (Budding Member 55 posts) 3y

A work visa is tied to a specific job. First you have to find an employer willing to offer you a job.S/he then has to start all the paperwork with the biggest hurdle proving that nobody from the 200 millions or so EU citizens can do this job or had applied for this job. If this is approved, you get your work permit and can start your job. No employer will go to all this trouble for just a few weeks of work.
Where are you from? Check if your country is part of the WHV project. Canada for example is, the USA aren't. With a WHV you can stay in the country for one year and take up all sorts of work .
Good luck.