Skip Navigation

what sort of visa do i need for my trip ?

Travel Forums Asia what sort of visa do i need for my trip ?

1. Posted by Durlew04 (Budding Member 46 posts) 3y

hi guys :)

Im going to thailand on the 6th of may have not booked my ticket yet but generally leaving around that time. i would like to stay out there for 6 months.
im not really sure of how many weeks im staying in each place but it gives you the idea.
here is my route........

start: united kingdom
1:Bangkok, Thailand
2 : Samut Songkhram, Thailand
3 : Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand
4 : Chumphon, Thailand

5 : Ko Tao, Thailand
6 : Ko Pha-ngan, Thailand
7 : Ko Samui, Thailand

8 : Surat Thani, Thailand
9 : Khao Sok National Park, Surat Thani, Thailand
10 : Kao Ping Kan Island, Thailand
11 : Phuket, Thailand

12 : Ko Phi Phi Le, Thailand
13 : Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
14 : Krabi, Thailand
finish:united kindom

what sort of visa am i looking at purchasing before ?

here is a noob question for you guys too ........ when am i technically crossing a boarder ? the reason why i ask is because when you enter places by land you get 15 day stamp ? so i just trying to save money on visa etc

thanks alot lewis :)
i apologise for my silly questions you guys must get sick of noobs lol

2. Posted by KellieBarnes (Travel Guru 813 posts) 3y

Hi Lewis,
Even though you said you start and finish in the UK, you might like to clarify which passport you hold as visa conditions can differ.

3. Posted by vegasmike6 (Travel Guru 3562 posts) 3y

I would contact the Thai Embassy closest to you. I don't think you can stay in Tland for 6 months w/o leaving. Check, but I think you can get a 60 day tourist visa and extend that for another 30 days. As I read their rules, you will then have to leave Tland. Here is a website that is devoted to visa questions. Many of their members live in Tland and will answer all your questions. Good luck with your planning.

4. Posted by Durlew04 (Budding Member 46 posts) 3y

Thanks for your post. I think the only way is seeing them personally tbh just lay and my map and say what I want to do and let them decide how to do it.

I hold a British passport kellie :).

5. Posted by vegasmike6 (Travel Guru 3562 posts) 3y

That should work. I am sure they will come up with your best choices. Tland wants tourists, but staying 6 months is not your normal tourist. You will have to leave at some point is my experience. Join thaivisa, those guys deal with this all the time. Good luck.

6. Posted by Durlew04 (Budding Member 46 posts) 3y

hi vegasmike6

i joined the forum about a week ago absolutely brilliant site.

cheers :)