I'm feeling very confused by the whole visa thing. I'm off to Vietnam in December, does anyone know what I have to do to get a visa, also do I need to prove that I will be leaving the country? At the mo I have no plans so it's hard to judge exactly when I'll leave, 1-4 weeks are the possibilities. Eek. Any help would be great
VN used to care where you would exit, not anymore. You can buy your VN visa while in the UK or use the 'visa on arrival' system. My blog talks about my experience flying into HCMC. The fees have gone up, was $25 for the stamping fee, now $45. Most VN travel shops will charge roughly $17 for the approval letter, total of roughly $62 for a 1 month visa. Check with the UK Thai Embassy and see what they charge. I did it by mail once and you have to add postage for a true figure. Here in the US they want a pre paid return envelope that cost me $10, spent $10 to mail it to them certified mail. Or you will have the visit the Thai Embassy twice. You have time, check with your Thai Embassy and see what it will cost including postage. Decide what is best for you.
That is if you are flying into VN. If you are crossing via a land border, you will have to obtain your VN visa before hitting their border. Buy it in Phnom Penh or Sihanoukville if you are in Cambodia first, or Vientiane if entering VN from Laos.
Good luck with your planning.
You can contact a travel agency to ask them for help (price range 18$)
1. FILL OUT THE SECURE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
2. CONFIRM AND PAY FOR SERVICE FEE
3. GET APPROVAL LETTER AND PREPARE FOR GETTING VISA STAMPED ON ARRIVAL
After 4 to 8 hours working day for urgent service or 2 working days (normal one), YOU WILL:
- Get visa approval letter by email or fax as your request (attached with entry and exit form)
- Print out the letter for check in at airport
- Fill out the entry and exit form
- Prepare 2 passport sized photos and an amount of USD for stamping fee($45for single entry; $95for multiple entry visa)
- Put all above mentioned things along with your passport in a package, then show them to Immigration officer at Vietnam arrival airports
4. GET YOUR VISA STAMPED UPON ARRIVAL
[ Edit: Sorry, no promos please. ]
Dear Mr. MasterMole,
I think you should find exact information carefully from google.
You can type some poplular keywords such as "vietnam visa", "visa on arrival" or "visa vietnam"
You should also the fee of visa on arrival. There are 2 types of fee: stamping fee and service fee if you intend to register visa on arrival.
Hope you have a good trip.
I have visited Vietnam and applied for Vietnam visa, so I think you can do as the following step which I have used to get my Vietnam visa:
1. Get the visa application form at http://www.visaforvietnam.org/ , and complete it by filling all required information
2. Pay visa approval fee. normally, their system will give you the exact fee right after you submit your form
3. Get your letter and print it out
4. Get aboard with the letter and passport, and when you arrival Vietnam by plane, you should go straight to the check in point at Vietnam airport to be stamp Vietnam visa
That is the way I got my Vietnam visa, hope that you can do it to get yours like me.