Skip Navigation

  • 1
  • 2
Last Post
1. Posted by lisac123 (Budding Member 2 posts) 3y Star this if you like it!

So I'm printing off all the documents as I'm leaving for Oz next Thursday for a year, and I was put in charge of all my boyfriends documents as well (bad move). I've printed out the big 6 page "Record of Responses" visa thing, thought that was the actually visa at first but it might not be. Well anyway, ive got 2 visas on my computer, 1 is mine, and the other is my boyfriends. Well, I actually have 2 copies of mine. Don't know how that's happened. I cant find anything on the Australian gov site to try and re print it. I have the confirmation emails, and receipts of purchase but i don't have the big thick one.

The document I've lost is basically a print out of the visa application form, so Australia should have all this info anyway. So please tell me this wont be a problem!

Thanks in advance

2. Posted by Cyberia (Travel Guru 1839 posts) 3y Star this if you like it!

Phone the embassy, ASAP. They will tell you what to do. You cannot leave something like this to chance.

3. Posted by Sander (Moderator 5088 posts) 3y Star this if you like it!

Which visa is this exactly, and what nationality are you? I don't know any Australian visa which actually requires you to bring any visa-specific documents along with you (it's all electronic these days), but of course I'm probably not aware of all possible visa options for all possible nationalities. (For what it's worth, 'the big 6 page "Record of Responses"' doesn't mean anything to me.)

I guess it couldn't hurt to call the embassy, but I seriously doubt it's necessary.

For a WHV (which we get by far the majority of questions about in this forum), you can look up visa information online. There they also advice to keep a copy of your notification with you, but that's just as a quick way to show people that you have the visa, and because it contains the most important information about your visa, not because it's required in any way.

[ Edit: Edited on 31-Oct-2013, at 10:34 by Sander ]

4. Posted by hendwrcaravan (Budding Member 10 posts) 3y Star this if you like it!

make a complaint of lost visa in the embassy and also in police station and apply for new visa

5. Posted by Borisborough (Moderator 722 posts) 3y Star this if you like it!

Don't panic! Once you get to the airport, at check-in they'll check your passport for the electronic visa - if it's there (as it should be) there's no problem. If it's not there, they won't let you on the plane without one. You can go on-line on the computers at the airport, get an electronic visa (again) and then present yourself for check-in again. Easy!:)

Posts 6 & 7 were removed by moderators
8. Posted by lisac123 (Budding Member 2 posts) 3y Star this if you like it!

Just incase anyone has this problem in the future:

Getting through immigration was like the easiest thing ever. I had my folder with all important docs in (minus the boyfriends one that i lost) and the worker man literally, took my passport, stamped it, let me in and we were on our way.

9. Posted by SophiaHellen (Budding Member 3 posts) 3y Star this if you like it!

For your case, I think you should contact to embassy of Australia in the country you are residing to know what you should do now. Or in case you are in Australia, you should contact to embassy of your country. However, I think the best way for you is apply for a new visa to avoid any trouble without a visa.

Post 10 was removed by a moderator