Skip Navigation

Few questions about US migration?

Travel Forums Introductions Few questions about US migration?

1. Posted by NanyiiCandyii (First Time Poster 1 posts) 3y

I will make this brief. I am 16 & currently living in Mozambique, Africa. I want to move to NY when I turn 18, however I have a few questions..

1. Is it possible for an 18 year old to move to the US, without being on a student or work visa? If so what type of visa would I be in?

2. Is it possible to find a job without having a college degree?

3. What are the requirements exactly to move to the US?

Thank You.

2. Posted by CheersT (Travel Guru 2488 posts) 3y

Start your research here.

Good luck.


3. Posted by Andyf (Moderator 717 posts) 3y

The short answer is no.

You could marry an American.

Or seek a work visa, but mostly those are for skilled workers or professionals. They do have a small quota for unskilled but they warn of it being very oversubscribed.

4. Posted by TravelSmart54 (Inactive 42 posts) 3y

THere is no way that you can possible for an 18 year old to move to the US, without any tourist or working visa. IF you have no visa you will be treated as illegal migrant and would be throw out soon.

THere are many small jobs without college degree but that again required visa aas of your identiry of utsider.

5. Posted by kellyperry15 (Inactive 20 posts) 3y

You can attain the toursit visa then only i think it possible to enter there:)