I am a new member here at Travellers Point. I am a Filipino and female. I am currently looking for suggestions for my Vietnam - Laos - Cambodia trip. Someone who would share his/ her itinerary would greatly be appreciated!
Here are some of the important points I want to know:
- I am thinking 8 days, would this be ok? 2 days each in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Laos, and Cambodia. Is it best to enter Vietnam first?
- If I go solo, what are the things that I should know?
- What are the best places I should visit per destination?
- Which affordable hotel/s would you recommend?
- Is it advisable to hire a tour guide? If yes, in which particular country?
I would do max 2 cities in 8 days, otherwise you waste half your vacation in transit (no fun)
(my choice would be Hanoi and Luang Prabang, or Hanoi and Hoi An (Danang))
[ Edit: Edited on 27-Dec-2013, at 11:15 by Daawgon ]
You could do a short flight so a quick transit which would allow you to say arrive in Vietnam and leave from Cambodia.
There is a good accommodation link at the top of the page.
You can see these places yourself, or visit a travel agent as lots of tourists travel these routes.
I would seriously consider choosing only one country, 8 days isn't nearly enough time to see either of the countries you intend to, let alone all 3.
Vietnam - maybe look into either the north or south. Use Hanoi or Saigon as your entry/exit.
Laos - from what I remember the 'must see' places are quite spread out, Vientiane, luang prabang, vang vien, 4000 islands.
Cambodia - probably the most do-able in 8 days. Phnom phen - siem reap - south coast beaches? Again a lot of travelling though.
Sorry for the rushed reply and missed spelt place hope you get the idea? Once you have a better itinerary planned more help will be available.