Besides standing to earn a little money through our Google adshare program, you can now win a $100 US accommodation voucher for use on Travellerspoint by contributing to the travel guide. This competition is running from August 1 to August 31.
About the competition
This month, our focus is on building up guide articles about Events and Festivals. To enter the competition, you can write or contibute to any of the following:
- The Events & Festivals section of a country or city guide (like this)
- An article dedicated to a specific event or festival that you know of
- Help write the article about Famous Festivals
You need to contribute at least 2,500 characters to be able to enter the competition. Here are a few rules to bear in mind:
- You can spread the 2,500 characters over several articles. (ie. If you've written 1,000 words about festivals in Canada, 1,000 words about festivals in Jamaica and 600 words about festivals in Montserrat, you can lump all those together as one entry.)
- It must be unique (not copied from somewhere else).
- If you copy and paste content between articles (for example, you copy some of the information you wrote for the San Francisco article over to the USA article), you can only count that content once
- Your contributions have to be of a reasonable quality (not rife with spelling or grammar mistakes)
- Your contribution must have been made between August 1 and August 31
- Travellerspoint staff cannot win
To enter yourself, add your name to the list at the bottom of the page, along with the name of the article/articles you contributed to.
All entries will be manually checked by Travellerspoint admin. If you contribute 2,500 characters to multiple articles, you can enter yourself up to three times.
The winner will be picked at random from the list of entrants after September 1.
To enter yourself, add your name to this list, along with the name of the article/articles you contributed to.
- Utrecht - Famous Festivals (Songkran, Pushkar)
- Utrecht - Famous Festivals (Gerewol, links and short description La Tomatina, Cannes, Venice, Oktoberfest)
- Utrecht - Famous Festivals (Nadaam, Stampede; total of the three entries over 7,500 characters)
- Lavafalls - Kentucky Derby
- Lavafalls - Windy City Classic
- Lavafalls - South by Southwest, Famous Festivals (South by Southwest, Summerfest)
- Herr Bert - Festivals and Events in The Hague
- Herr Bert - Famous Festivals (Running of the bulls) and San Sebastian
- Ofelia- Zambia (Ku'omboka Ceremony) and Malawi
- Ofelia- Finland (including sections on Tampere and Helsinki) and United Kingdom
- arif_kool - Famous Festivals (Thaipsum and Quebec Winter carnival)
- arif_kool - Famous Festivals (Holi and Venice carnival)
- arif_kool - Mumbai (Ganesh Chaturthi and Kala Ghoda Festival)
- runah - Assam (various festivals like Bihu, Majuli, Tea, elephant, etc)
- runah - Events and festivals in Khajuraho and Himachal Pradesh
- Hien - Chinese New Year & Thaipusam (partial) in Famous Festivals