Getting there and away
- Rail: The airport's station is located about a mile from the airport terminal; a free shuttle bus connects the train station and airport terminals. The station is served by Amtrak Northeast Corridor trains and, on weekdays, by the MARC Penn Line. Travel time by train is about 10 minutes to Baltimore's Penn Station and 35 minutes to Union Station in Washington, D.C. Trains depart at least once an hour seven days a week, with departure times during rush hours and business hours being significantly more frequent. The Maryland Transit Administration's Light Rail line has a stop just outside the entrance to the airport's International Terminal. Passengers can take the Light Rail to a variety of destinations in Anne Arundel County, Baltimore City, and Baltimore County, and can transfer to the Metro Subway in Baltimore. A ride downtown takes approximately 30 minutes. Trains run every 20 minutes during peak hours, and 30 minutes all other times.
- Bus: Bus service between the airport and the Greenbelt station of the Washington Metro and MARC Camden Line is provided by WMATA's Metrobus on Route B30 every 40 minutes 6:00am-10:00pm weekdays and 9:00am-10:00pm on weekends. The Maryland Transit Administration's Bus Route 17 serves the airport 24/7. During the hours when the Light Rail operates, buses operate to the Patapsco Light Rail Stop. When the Light Rail is not in service, buses operate to Downtown Baltimore. Howard Transit's Silver route operates between BWI and The Mall in Columbia hourly at most times except overnight. Annapolis Transit's Route C-60 operates between the airport and Annapolis.
- Car: parking places, rental car facilities and plenty of taxis are available at the Baltimore-Washington Airport.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
There are 5 concouses at the airport, labelled A to E. For more information about airlines, also see the list of airlines and the details about flying with budget airlines.
- Southwest Airlines - Albany (NY), Albuquerque, Austin, Birmingham (AL), Boston, Buffalo, Chicago-Midway, Cleveland, Columbus (OH), Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Hartford, Houston-Hobby, Indianapolis, Jackson, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Little Rock, Long Island/Islip, Los Angeles, Louisville, Manchester (NH), Milwaukee, Nashville, New Orleans, New York–LaGuardia, Norfolk, Oklahoma City, Orlando, Panama City (FL), Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Providence, Raleigh/Durham, St. Louis, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, Seattle/Tacoma [seasonal], Tampa, West Palm Beach
- American Airlines - Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami, San Juan
- American Eagle - Chicago-O'Hare, New York-JFK
- Delta Air Lines - Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Salt Lake City
- Delta Connection operated by Comair - Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky, Memphis, New York-JFK
- Delta Connection operated by Freedom Airlines - Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky
- Delta Connection operated by Pinnacle Airlines - Memphis, New York-JFK
- JetBlue Airways - Boston
- AirTran Airways - Atlanta, Boston, Cancún, Charlotte, Dallas/Fort Worth, Dayton, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Grand Rapids, Huntsville, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, Miami, Milwaukee, Montego Bay, Nassau, New Orleans, Orlando, Portland (ME), Rochester (NY), San Antonio, San Juan, Sarasota/Bradenton, Seattle/Tacoma, Tampa, West Palm Beach
- Cape Air - Hagerstown, Lancaster
- Continental Airlines - Houston-Intercontinental
- Continental Connection operated by Colgan Air - Cleveland
- Continental Express operated by Chautauqua Airlines - Cleveland
- Continental Express operated by ExpressJet Airlines - Cleveland, Newark
- United Airlines - Chicago-O'Hare, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco
- US Airways - Charlotte, Philadelphia, Phoenix
- US Airways Express operated by Air Wisconsin - New York-LaGuardia, Philadelphia
- US Airways Express operated by Chautauqua Airlines - New York-LaGuardia, Philadelphia
- US Airways Express operated by Mesa Airlines - Charlotte
- US Airways Express operated by Piedmont Airlines - New York-LaGuardia, Philadelphia
- US Airways Express operated by PSA Airlines - Philadelphia
- US Airways Express operated by Republic Airlines - Charlotte, Philadelphia
- Air Canada Jazz - Toronto-Pearson
- British Airways - London-Heathrow
- USA3000 Airlines - Bermuda, Cancún, Punta Cana