Midway international Airport (MDW) is the smaller of the Chicago airports. It is located conveniently near the city centre on the west side of the city. Midway Airport is a hub for many domestic discount airlines, flying to almost any city in the USA and has limited international service.
For more information about other airports throughout the world, also see the list of airports.
Getting there and away
- Rail: The best way to get to and from Midway Airport from downtown is on the CTA orange line train station in the airport, which runs 24 hours a day. CTA fare rate is $2.50 one way.
- Bus: The Airport Express Shuttle also services Midway Airport. Prices are $22 (single) and $37 (single) for one-way and round-trip, respectively. Again, group rates are available.
- Car: Taxi service from Midway to downtown is approximately $25 depending on traffic time. There are numerous parking places and rental car facilities available at the airport as well.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
For more information about airlines, also see the list of airlines and the details about flying with budget airlines.
- AirTran Airways - Atlanta, Fort Myers, Orlando, Sarasota/Bradenton
- Branson Air Express operated by ExpressJet Airlines - Branson
- Delta Air Lines - Atlanta
- Delta Connection operated by Comair - Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Delta Connection operated by Compass Airlines - Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Delta Connection operated by Pinnacle Airlines - Detroit
- Frontier Airlines - Denver
- Pet Airways - Baltimore, Denver-Rocky Mountain
- Porter Airlines - Toronto-Billy Bishop
- Southwest Airlines Albany, Albuquerque, Austin, Baltimore, Birmingham (AL), Boston, Buffalo, Cleveland, Columbus (OH), Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Hartford/Springfield, Houston-Hobby, Indianapolis, Jackson, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Little Rock, Long Island/Islip, Los Angeles, Louisville, Manchester (NH), Minneapolis/St. Paul, Nashville, New Orleans, New York-LaGuardia, Norfolk, Oakland, Omaha, Ontario, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland (OR), Providence, Raleigh/Durham, Reno/Tahoe, Sacramento, St. Louis, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (CA), Santa Ana/Orange County, Seattle/Tacoma, Tampa, Tucson, Washington-Dulles