Dallas/Forth Worth International Airport (IATA: DFW, ICAO: KDFW, FAA LID: DFW) is about fifteen miles (24 kilometres) northwest of the centre of Dallas and about the same distance northeast of downtown Fort Worth. This is the largest airport in the region and the one most international visitors will arrive at when visiting Texas. It is the largest, and main, hub for American Airlines and its affiliate, American Eagle.
For more information about other airports throughout the world, also see the list of airports.
Getting there and away
- Rail: The airport is served by the Trinity Railway Express commuter rail line at CentrePort/DFW Airport Station, south of the airport. The line serves both downtown Dallas and downtown Fort Worth. To reach the airport from the station, you have to take a shuttle bus and transfer to another bus serving either Terminals A and C, Terminals B and E, or Terminal D.
- Bus: Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) offers bus service to downtown Dallas and Irving on Route 310 to Express Route 202 at the North Irving Transit Center.
- There are some shuttle services and plenty of taxis available. Also, rental cars are available with many companies, including Hertz, Avis, Budget, Alamo/National, Enterprise and Trifty.
All terminals are served by a new, elevated, fully-automated tram system called Skylink. The Skylink system is free to use and runs every two minutes. All stations are inside the security perimeter, so transfers between terminals can be made without having to pass through security a second time.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
The airport has five semi-circular terminal buildings designated by letters (A through E). Terminal D is the newest, and is the designated international terminal. For more information about airlines, also see the list of airlines and the details about travelling with budget airlines.
- American Airlines (also using terminals C and D) - Albuquerque, Anchorage, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Birmingham (AL), Boston, Burbank, Charlotte, Chicago-O'Hare, Colorado Springs, Columbus (OH), Dayton, Denver, Detroit, Eagle/Vail, El Paso, Fayetteville (AR), Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Fresno, Gunnison/Crested Butte, Hartford, Hayden/Steamboat Springs, Honolulu, Houston-Intercontinental, Huntsville/Decatur, Indianapolis, Jackson Hole, Jacksonville, Kahului, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Louisville, McAllen, Memphis, Miami, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Montrose, Nashville, New Orleans, New York-JFK, New York-LaGuardia, Newark, Norfolk, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Ontario, Orange County, Orlando, Palm Springs, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland (OR), Raleigh/Durham, Reno/Tahoe, Richmond, Sacramento, St. Louis, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (CA), San Juan, Seattle/Tacoma, Tampa, Tucson, Tulsa, Washington-Dulles, Washington-Reagan, West Palm Beach, Wichita
- American Eagle operated by Executive Airlines - Amarillo, Fort Smith, Killeen, Lawton, Lubbock, Midland/Odessa, San Angelo, Shreveport, Tyler, Waco, Wichita Falls
- American Eagle (also using terminal D) - Abilene, Alexandria, Amarillo, Asheville, Augusta (GA), Baton Rouge, Bloomington/Normal, Brownsville, Cedar Rapids, Champaign/Urbana, Charleston (SC), Chattanooga, Cheyenne, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky, Cleveland, College Station, Columbia (SC), Columbus (OH), Columbus (GA), Corpus Christi, Dayton, Des Moines, Evansville, Fayetteville (AR), Fayetteville (NC), Fort Smith, Fort Walton Beach, Fort Wayne, Grand Junction, Grand Rapids, Greensboro (NC), Greenville (SC), Gulfport/Biloxi, Gunnison/Crested Butte, Houston-Hobby, Jackson, Killeen, Knoxville, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Laredo, Lawton, Lexington, Little Rock, Longview, Louisville, Lubbock, Madison, Manhattan (KS), Midland-Odessa, Milwaukee, Mobile, Moline/Quad Cities, Monroe, Montgomery, Montrose, Myrtle Beach, Pensacola, Peoria, Rapid City (SD), Roswell, San Angelo, Santa Fe, Savannah, Shreveport, Sioux Falls, Springfield (MO), Tallahassee, Texarkana, Tulsa, Tyler, Wichita Falls
- Air Canada Jazz - Toronto-Pearson
- American Airlines - Acapulco, Barbados, Belize City, Buenos Aires-Ezeiza, Calgary, Cancún, Caracas, Cozumel, Frankfurt, Guadalajara, Guatemala City, Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Liberia (Costa Rica), London-Heathrow, Madrid, Mexico City, Montego Bay, Monterrey, Montréal-Trudeau, Nassau, Panama City, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Providenciales, Puerto Vallarta, San José de Costa Rica, San José del Cabo, San Salvador, Santiago de Chile, São Paulo-Guarulhos, Tokyo-Narita, Toronto-Pearson, Vancouver
- American Eagle - Aguascalientes, Chihuahua, Guadalajara, León/El Bajio, San Luis Potosí, Torreón/Gómez Palacio
- British Airways - London-Heathrow
- KLM - Amsterdam
- Korean Air - Seoul-Incheon
- Lufthansa - Frankfurt
- Mexicana - Mexico City
- Sun Country Airlines - Cancún, Cozumel, Minneapolis/St. Paul
- TACA - San Salvador
- AirTran Airways - Atlanta, Baltimore, Milwaukee, Orlando
- Alaska Airlines - Seattle/Tacoma
- Continental Airlines -- Houston-Intercontinental, Newark
- Continental Express operated by Chautauqua Airlines - Cleveland, Houston-Intercontinental
- Continental Express operated by ExpressJet Airlines - Cleveland, Houston-Intercontinental
- Delta Air Lines - Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Salt Lake City
- Delta Connection operated by Comair - Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky, Memphis, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York-JFK
- Delta Connection operated by Compass Airlines - Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Delta Connection operated by Mesaba Airlines - Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky, Memphis, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Salt Lake City
- Delta Connection operated by Pinnacle Airlines - Memphis
- Delta Connection operated by SkyWest Airlines - Salt Lake City
- Frontier Airlines - Denver
- Frontier Airlines operated by Republic Airlines - Denver, Milwaukee
- United Airlines - Chicago-O'Hare, Denver, San Francisco, Washington-Dulles
- United Express operated by Shuttle America - Chicago-O'Hare, Denver, Washington-Dulles
- United Express operated by SkyWest Airlines - Chicago O'Hare, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco
- US Airways - Charlotte, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Phoenix
- US Airways Express operated by Republic Airlines - Philadelphia, Washington-Reagan