Devon has one National Park, Dartmoor, to itself and has a pert of Exmoor, with the major part of the latter falling within Somerset.
- Torbay - Torquay, Paignton and Brixham
- Combe Martin
- Towns in Dartmoor or Exmoor will be found on their pages.
Sights and Activities
- Morwellham Quay - restored port with a visitors'centre and demonstrations based mainly on tin and copper mining.
- Buckland Abbey - which ceased to be an abbey at the Dissolution of the monasteries and, as a private house, was owned by both Sir Richard Grenville and Sir Francis Drake.
- Datmeet - beautiful spot where the East and West Dart rivers join.
- Shaugh Bridge - beauty spot where the small river Cad and Meavy join to form the Plym.
- Double Waters - yet another beauty spot where two rivers join, this time the Walkham flows into the Tavy (which later joins the Tamar.
- Burrator Reservoir - a favourite outing for Plymothiansfor several generations.
- Granite churches of Dartmoor
Events and Festivals
Exeter International Airport (EXT) is linked to around 20 countries and a number of UK destinations. Flybe has most flights, including to Aberdeen, Alicante, Amsterdam, Avignon, Belfast, Dublin, Dubrovnik, Edinburgh, Faro, Geneva, Glasgow, Guernsey, Jersey, Leeds, Málaga, Manchester, Newcastle, Nice, Paris and Salzburg.
Also, Thomson Airways has a good deal of flights, like those to Lanzarote, Corfu, Madeira, Crete, Ibiza, Cyprus, Gran Canaria, Malta, Menorca, Mallorca, Rhodes and Tenerife.