EuroAiport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg (IATA: BSL/MLH/EAP) is the only airport in Europe that is jointly operated by three countries. It is located entirely on French soil, but has excellent connections to Basel (in fact, much better than to farther-away Mulhouse and Freiburg). The airport receives flights from all major European airports, a few intercontinental flights and numerous smaller cities in Europe.
Although the airport is on French soil, there is a special Swiss customs area connected to Basel by a border road.
For more information about other airports throughout the world, also see the list of airports.
Getting there and away
The airports connects to the A3 Motorway. Basel's BVB bus No. 50 connects the Swiss sector of the airport to the Bahnhof SBB, which is the main Swiss and French railway station in Basel. French Distribus bus No. 11 connects the French sector of the airport to the Saint-Louis railway station.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
For more information about airlines, also see the list of airlines and the details about flying with budget airlines.
- Aigle Azur - Algiers, Constantine, Oran, Sétif
- Air Algérie - Constantine
- Air Arabia Maroc - Casablanca
- Air Berlin - Catania, Fuerteventura, Heraklion, Ibiza, Kos, Lamezia Terme, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Luxor, Marsa Alam, Palma de Mallorca, Rhodes, Tenerife-South
- Air France - Paris-Orly
- Air France operated by CityJet - Amsterdam
- Air France operated by Régional - Ajaccio, Lyon, Paris-Charles de Gaulle
- Air Transat - Montréal-Trudeau
- Air VIA - Burgas
- Austrian Airlines operated by Tyrolean Airways - Vienna
- Belair - Antalya, Djerba, Hurghada, Sharm el-Sheikh
- British Airways - London-Heathrow
- DanubeWings - Bratislava, Balaton
- EasyJet - Barcelona, Berlin-Schönefeld, Madrid, London-Gatwick
- EasyJet Switzerland - Alicante, Ajaccio, Amsterdam, Berlin-Schönefeld, Bordeaux, Cagliari, Copenhagen, Dresden, Düsseldorf, Edinburgh, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Hamburg, Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen, Lisbon, Malaga, Marrakech, Nantes, Naples, Nice, Olbia, Palma de Mallorca, Porto, Pristina, Rome-Fiumicino, Split, Tel Aviv, Thessaloniki, Venice
- Hello - Corfu, Djerba, Heraklion, Palma de Mallorca
- Iceland Express - Reykjavik-Keflavik
- Israir - Tel Aviv
- Lufthansa Regional operated by Augsburg Airways - Munich
- Lufthansa Regional operated by Lufthansa CityLine - Frankfurt, Munich
- Lufthansa Regional operated by Eurowings - Düsseldorf
- Pegasus Airlines - Antalya, Bodrum, Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen
- Pegasus operated by IZair - Izmir
- SunExpress - Antalya
- Swiss International Air Lines operated by Swiss European Air Lines - Barcelona, Brussels, Budapest, Hamburg, London-City, Manchester, Prague, Venice, Warsaw, Zürich
- TUIfly - Corfu, Fuerteventura, Funchal, Heraklion, Kos, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Minorca, Palma de Mallorca, Rhodes, Tenerife-South
- Turkish Airlines - Istanbul-Atatürk
- Twin Jet - Marseilles, Toulouse