Getting there and away
- Bus: The airport is served by a number of (mostly) private bus operators that run regular services to Frankfurt am Main (1 hour 45 minutes, via Frankfurt International Airport - Terminal 2), Cologne (2 hour 15 minutes), Luxembourg (1 hour 45 minutes) and a number of other cities in western Germany and the region. Frequent buses also run to the main railway station of nearby cities, the closest being Mainz (1 hour 10 minutes) and Koblenz (1 hour 5 minutes).
- Rail: The airport has no railway station and the nearest railway stations are Bullay (15 kilometres) on the Koblenz-Trier-Saarbrücken line, and Idar-Oberstein (26 kilometres), Kirn (22 kilometres) and Bad Sobernheim (30 kilometres), all on the Mainz-Bad Kreuznach-Saarbrücken line.
- Car: The airport can be reached by road, the nearest Autobahn (Highway) connections are approximately 40 kilometres to the west (A1) or east (A61). Parking(short-term and long-term) and car rental facilities are available at the airport.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
For more information about airlines, also see the list of airlines and the details about flying with budget airlines.
- Iceland Express - Reykjavik-Keflavík
- Ryanair - Agadir, Alghero, Alicante, Bari, Berlin-Schönefeld, Bologna, Cagliari, Dublin, Edinburgh, Faro, Féz, Fuerteventura, Gdańsk, Girona, Gothenburg-City, Ibiza, Jerez de la Frontera, Kaunas, Kerry, Kos, Lanzarote, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Lleida, London-Stansted, Madrid, Malaga, Marrakech, Milan-Orio al Serio, Montpellier, Osijek, Oslo-Torp, Palma de Mallorca, Pescara, Pisa, Porto, Pula, Reus, Riga, Rimini, Rome-Ciampino, Santander, Santiago de Compostela, Seville, Stockholm-Skavsta, Tampere, Tenerife-South, Trapani, Valencia, Venice-Treviso, Volos, Wroclaw, Zadar
- Wizz Air - Budapest, Katowice, Sofia