- Guangzhou is the capital and main city in Guangdong
- Shenzhen - Special Economic Zone (SEZ)
- Zhuhai - Special Economic Zone (SEZ)
- Baiyun International Airport (广州白云国际机场) (IATA: CAN, ICAO: ZGGG) is located quite a distance outside of the city of Guangzhou and is the main gateway to Guangdong. It's one the biggest airports in China and also one of the fastest growing airports in the world. Flights arrive/depart from this modern airport to many destinations around the world and within China. A long bus or taxi ride (about 1 hour) is required to reach it from the city centre. However taxis and shuttle buses are readily available just outside of the terminal.
- Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport (SZX) has flights to most destinations throughout China. It is more economical flying to/from Shenzhen compared to Hong Kong, especially regarding domestic flights. Low-cost airline Air Asia has daily flights to/from Kuala Lumpur (~RMB1,000, 4 hours), Kota Kinabalu (~RMB1,500, 4 hours) and Bangkok (~RMB900, 4 hours).
You can go to the many cities, such as Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Macau, Dongguan, Zhongshan and Zhuhai. These cities are in the Pearl River Delta which is a prosperous region in China.