Tokyo International Airport Haneda (HND) is one of Tokyo's two main airports, along with Narita Airport. Although it mainly handles domestic flights, there is a growing number of international connections, while some international flights from Narita are replaced to Haneda again just like it used to be. Regarding the number of passengers in total it's one of the biggest airports in the world, after the ones in Atlanta, Chicago, Beijing and London.
For more information about other airports throughout the world, also see the list of airports.
Getting there and away
- Rail: Haneda Airport is served by the Keihin Kyuko Railway (Keikyū) and Tokyo Monorail. The monorail has two stations (Haneda Airport Terminal 1 Station and Haneda Airport Terminal 2 Station); Keikyū operates a single station between the terminals (Haneda Airport Station).
- Keikyū offers trains to Shinagawa Station and Yokohama Station and through service to the Toei Asakusa Line, which makes several stops in eastern Tokyo. Some Keikyū trains also run through to the Keisei Oshiage Line and Keisei Main Line, making it possible to reach Narita International Airport by train. Although a few direct trains run in the morning, a transfer along the Keisei Line is generally necessary to reach Narita.
- Tokyo Monorail trains run between the airport and Hamamatsuchō Station, where passengers can connect to the Yamanote Line to reach other points in Tokyo, or Keihin Tohoku Line to Saitama, and have a second access option to Narita Airport via Narita Express, Airport Narita, or Sōbu Line (Rapid) Trains at Tokyo Station. Express trains make the nonstop run from Haneda Airport to Hamamatsuchō in 16 minutes. Hamamatsuchō Station is also located adjacent to the Toei Oedo Line Daimon station.
- The airport can be reached by a the Bayshore Route of the Shuto Expressway and is also accessible from Route 1. Scheduled bus service to various points in the Kanto region is provided by Airport Transport Service and Keihin Express Bus.
The main terminals, 1 and 2, are connected by an underground walkway; a free shuttle bus runs between the main terminals and the smaller International Terminal every five minutes.
Airlines and Terminals
There are 3 terminals, named number 1, number 2 and 'international'. For more information about airlines, also see the list of airlines and the details about flying with budget airlines.
- Air China - Beijing-Capital International
- All Nippon Airways - Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi, Beijing-Capital, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Seoul-Gimpo, Shanghai-Hongqiao, Singapore, Taipei-Songshan
- American Airlines - New York-JFK
- Asiana Airlines - Seoul-Gimpo
- Cathay Pacific Airways - Hong Kong
- China Eastern Airlines - Shanghai-Hongqiao
- Delta Air Lines - Detroit, Los Angeles
- EVA Air - Taipei-Songshan
- Hawaiian Airlines - Honolulu
- Japan Airlines - Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi, Beijing-Capital, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, San Francisco, Seoul-Gimpo, Shanghai-Hongqiao, Singapore, Taipei-Songshan
- Korean Air - Seoul-Gimpo
- MIAT Mongolian Airlines - Ulan Bator
- Shanghai Airlines - Shanghai-Hongqiao
- Singapore Airlines - Singapore
- Thai Airways International - Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi
- Japan Airlines - Akita, Amami-Oshima, Aomori, Asahikawa, Fukuoka, Hakodate, Hiroshima, Izumo, Kagoshima, Kitakyushu, Kochi, Komatsu, Kumamoto, Kushiro, Matsuyama, Memanbetsu, Misawa, Miyazaki, Nagasaki, Naha, Nanki-Shirahama, Oita, Okayama, Osaka-Itami, Osaka-Kansai, Sapporo-Chitose, Takamatsu, Tokachi-Obihiro, Tokushima, Yamagata, Yamaguchi-Ube
- Japan Transocean Air - Ishigaki, Kumejima, Miyako, Naha
- Skymark Airlines - Asahikawa, Fukuoka, Kagoshima, Kitakyushu, Kobe, Kumamoto, Naha, Sapporo-Chitose
- StarFlyer - Kitakyushu
- All Nippon Airways - Akita, Fukuoka, Hachijojima, Hakodate, Hiroshima, Iwami, Kagoshima, Kobe, Kochi, Komatsu, Kumamoto, Kushiro, Matsuyama, Miyakejima, Miyazaki, Monbetsu, Nagasaki, Naha, Nemuro-Nakashibetsu, Noto, Odate-Noshiro, Okayama, Oita, Osaka-Itami, Osaka-Kansai, Oshima, Saga, Sapporo-Chitose, Shonai, Takamatsu, Tottori, Toyama, Wakkanai, Yamaguchi-Ube, Yonago
- Hokkaido International Airlines - Asahikawa, Hakodate, Memanbetsu, Sapporo-Chitose
- Skynet Asia Airways - Kagoshima, Kumamoto, Miyazaki, Nagasaki, Oita
- StarFlyer - Osaka-Kansai