Jupiter is a town located in Palm Beach County, Florida. The town had a total population of 55,000 in 2010. It is one of the northernmost suburbs of the Miami metropolitan area.
Sights and Activities
- Jupiter Lighthouse - listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1973.
- Palm Beach International Raceway - a racing facility built in 1965, and was remodeled in 2008 in and attempt to obtain an FIA Grade II Certification. The facility hosts several International Hot Rod Association (IHRA) and NHRA sportsman events as well as an ARCA Remax Series event.
- Roger Dean Stadium - a baseball stadium located in the Abacoa community.
- Burt Reynolds and Friends Museum - home of the Florida Film & Theater Institute.
- Busch Wildlife Sanctuary - a non-profit, educational based care facility for injured wild animals.
Events and Festivals
- The Jupiter Jubilee is an annual community event put on by the Town of Jupiter for area residents. The Jubilee typically has entertainment, civic, educational, and cultural components. Each year, the Jubilee highlights Jupiter's unique character, history, community and natural treasures. Address: Jupiter Community Center, Hours: 11:00am - 05:00pm
Food Truck Fest
- This event features live music from local bands. A herd of gourmet food trucks serve a wide selection of food and drinks for purchase, from your favorite comfort foods to exotic gourmet tidbits. Address: Riverwalk Events Plaza, Hours: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Price: Free admission
- This event, to celebrate Earth Week, will be a family event with lots of fun things for kids to explore, and will focus on recycling and earth friendly food and crafts. Address: Riverwalk Events Plaza, Hours: 11:00am - 04:00pm, Price: Free admission
(05 Oct 2013) - Fun for the whole family, this free event will have craft vendors, food vendors offering seasonal treats, kids crafts, and more. Address: Riverwalk Events Plaza, Hours: 12:00pm - 05:00pm, Price: Free admission
Holiday Boat Parade
(01 Dec 2013) - The beautiful waterside Events Plaza along the Jupiter Riverwalk will host a FREE special parade viewing event, including food, music, and festivities. In addition to the Riverwalk Events plaza, the boat parade can be viewed from Sawfish Bay Park and Lighthouse Park. Address: Riverwalk Events Plaza, Hours: 05:00pm - 09:30pm, Price: Free admission
Jupiter, like the rest of South Florida, has a warm tropical climate with temperatures mostly around 30 °C during the day and 20 °C at night, though because of its relatively northern location it can get chilly at night during the cooler months from December to March. June to November is hot and humid with occassional chances of hurricanes.
- Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) is a small, yet highly adequate airport. While both the Miami and the Fort Lauderdale airports are busy, PBI is easy to get in and out of, and is about five minutes from downtown West Palm Beach. Travellers flying into South Florida or the Bahamas should strongly consider PBI. The airport serves both air carriers (airlines) and general aviation aircraft. The airport has a 24 hour control tower and a U.S. Customs & Immigration port of entry facility. The general aviation traffic at PBI has a choice of three fixed base operators.
- North Palm Beach County General Aviation Airport (F45) is located in the north portion of the county and provides easy access to the Florida Research Park, Jupiter, and Palm Beach Gardens.
Amtrak has a stop in the downtown West Palm Beach (WPB) for its Silver Service / Palmetto route (New York - Washington, D.C. - Charleston - Savannah - Jacksonville - Orlando - Tampa/Miami).
Many international rental companies have a wide selection of rental cars and these include Hertz, Avis, Dollar, Thrifty, Enterprise, Budget and Alamo/National. Most companies will require you are at least 25 years of age, although younger people might be able to rent cars at slightly higher rates and with some insurance differences as well. A national driver's license is usually enough, but an additional international one is recommended. Also note that it usually costs more to include lots of other extra things. For example extra drivers, GPS, the first full tank, SLI (Supplemental Liability Insurance), PAI (Personal Accident Insurance, usually covered already at home), road assistance/service plan, and drop-off costs for one-way rentals.
If you want to book a car, it is recommended that you book your car before arriving in the USA. This is almost always (much) cheaper compared to just showing up. Also, try and book with a so-called 'broker', which usually works together with a few or many car rental companies and can offer the best deal. Some examples include Holidayautos, Holidaycars and Sunny Cars. Some of the cheapest deals to book from Europe, includes Drive-USA, which also has a German version.
For more information and tips about renting cars and campers, additional costs, insurance, traffic rules, scenic routes and getting maps and fuel it is advised to check the USA Getting Around section.
- Best sushi around; always ask for market price! Address: 319 Belvedere Road #12, Phone: +1 561 868-7893
Rhythm Cafe - Outstanding food; the menu changes regularly, in an eclectic setting. Address: 3800 S Dixie Hwy # A, Phone: +1 561 833-3406
ER Bradley's Saloon - Decent bar food in sight of the Intracoastal. Address: 104 S Clematis St, Phone: +1 561 833-3520
The India Palace - Great Indian food, at a moderate price. Address: 4778 Okeechobee Blvd, Phone: +1 561 478-5606
- Local microbrewery cooks up excellent meals. Address: 700 S Rosemary Ave # 212, Phone: +1 561 366-9753
Havana - Authentic Cuban cuisine. Open for lunch and dinner, with an all-night take-out window. Address: 6803 S Dixie Hwy, Phone: +1 561 547-9799
Jupiter Beach Resort
- Upscale resort and spa right on the beach Address: 5 North A1A, Jupiter, Florida, Phone: 866-943-0950
- Studio 6 West Palm Beach - 1535 Centrepark Dr. Very much a budget hotel; don't expect luxury or even much in the way of comfort, but if you're on a tight budget it's a private place to sleep. $75/night.
- Holiday Inn Palm Beach - 1301 Belvedere Rd. Clean, comfortable rooms and bathrooms with free wireless internet. $105/night.
- Hotel Biba - +1 561-832-0094 (email: email@example.com). A funky, sea-foam-colored hotel with colorful, ultra-modern decor. Located about 5 kilometres south of Clematis Street, Hotel Biba bills itself as "a 43-room historic landmark boutique hotel." The hotel features Biba Bar, a hip nightclub featuring live music on the weekends. $195/night
- Homewood Suites - 2455 Metrocentre Boulevard, ☎ 561-682-9188. checkin: 3:00pm; checkout: 11:00am. Suites with full kitchens, free internet, flat screen TV. Guests have access to free parking, free hot breakfast, pool and fitness center. $130.
- SpringHill Suites West Palm Beach I-95 - 2437 Metrocentre Boulevard (just off I-95 and 13 kilometres from the Palm Beach International airport), ☎ 561-689-6814. checkin: 3:00pm checkout: noon. Extended stay hotel. Suites include free Internet, microwave, mini-fridge, and flat screen TV. Also available to guests are free hot breakfast buffet, free parking, pool, and fitness center. $90.
- Embassy Suites West Palm Beach (former Crown Plaza), 1601 Belvedere, ☎ +1 888 689-6892. Located across the street from the Palm Beach Airport and minutes from the Palm Beach Convention Center, the Kravis Center and many of Palm Beach's famous golf courses. The property holds 219 rooms and 104 suites, an outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, a fitness center and shuttle buses which go downtown and to the airport. $250/night.
- West Palm Beach Marriott Hotel, 1001 Okeechobee Boulevard, ☎ +1-561-833-1234 (fax: +1-561-833-4689). checkin: 4:00pm; checkout: 11:00am. Three-star hotel with all the usual amenities. $300/night.
- Jupiter Beach Resort, 5 North A1A, ☎ 866-943-0950. Upscale resort and spa right on the beach.
See also International Telephone Calls
The US Postal Service is very good and well priced mail system. There are hundreds of big and small post offices in Albuquerque. If wanting to send a letter or postcard it is best just to leave it in a blue mail box with the proper postage. There are also private postal services like FedEx, UPS and DHL.