McCarran International Airport (LAS) is the main gateway to Las Vegas and Southwest Airlines offers most flights to/from here. US Airways offers a lot of flights as well. The airport is located about 5 miles (8 kilometres) from the business district of Las Vegas, and just a mile or so from the Strip.
For more information about other airports throughout the world, also see the list of airports.
Getting there and away
- Car: Access to McCarran Airport is from Tropicana Avenue (State Route 593) to the north or the Las Vegas Beltway (Interstate 215) to the south. Vehicles enter the airport via the McCarran Airport Connector, which includes Paradise Road/Swenson Street and the airport tunnel. Rental cars are available at the airport, with companies like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Thrifty, Enterprise and Alamo/National.
- Numerous taxis are generally waiting to take you there or get you from the airport to your hotel/casino.
- RTC Transit has buses: Route #108 provides service to Downtown Las Vegas, Route #109 services the South Strip Transfer Terminal, the consolidated rental car facility and Maryland Parkway and the "ACE Gold Line" bus service along the Las Vegas Strip connects with Route 109 (south) at the South Strip Transfer Terminal. There is no direct bus service from the airport to The Strip. Both Route #109 and "ACE Gold Line" operates 24 hours a day.
Most of the airport can be navigated on foot, though the rental cars are a few miles from the airpot itself. Free buses transport people between the airport and the rental car facilities.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
There are 2 terminals at McCarran Airport. For more information about airlines, also see the list of airlines and the details about flying with budget airlines.
- AirTran Airways - Atlanta, Milwaukee
- Alaska Airlines - Bellingham, Portland (OR), Seattle/Tacoma
- Allegiant Air - Appleton, Bellingham, Billings, Bismarck, Bozeman, Casper, Cedar Rapids/Iowa City, Colorado Springs, Des Moines, Duluth, Eugene, Fargo, Fort Collins/Loveland, Fresno, Grand Forks, Grand Island, Grand Junction, Grand Rapids, Great Falls, Idaho Falls, Kalispell, Laredo, McAllen (TX), Medford, Missoula, Monterey, Pasco, Peoria, Rapid City, Redmond/Bend, Rockford (IL), Santa Maria (CA), Shreveport, Sioux Falls, South Bend, Springfield (MO), Stockton, Twin Falls, Wichita
- American Airlines - Chicago-O'Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, New York-JFK
- Continental Airlines - Cleveland, Houston-Intercontinental, Newark
- Delta Air Lines - Atlanta, Boston, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Hartford/Springfield, Los Angeles, Memphis, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York-JFK, Orlando, Salt Lake City
- Delta Connection operated by SkyWest Airlines - Los Angeles, Salt Lake City
- Frontier Airlines - Denver, Milwaukee
- Great Lakes Airlines - Farmington (NM), Kingman (AZ), Merced
- Horizon Air - Santa Rosa
- JetBlue Airways - Boston, Burbank, Long Beach, New York-JFK
- Southwest Airlines - Albany, Albuquerque, Amarillo, Austin, Baltimore, Birmingham (AL), Boise, Buffalo, Burbank, Chicago-Midway, Cleveland, Columbus (OH), Denver, El Paso, Fort Lauderdale, Hartford, Houston-Hobby, Indianapolis, Jacksonville (FL), Kansas City, Little Rock, Long Island/Islip, Los Angeles, Louisville, Lubbock, Manchester (NH), Midland/Odessa, Milwaukee, Nashville, New Orleans, Norfolk/Virginia Beach, Oakland, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Ontario, Orange County, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland (OR), Providence, Raleigh/Durham, Reno/Tahoe, Sacramento, St. Louis, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (CA), Seattle/Tacoma, Spokane, Tampa, Tucson, Tulsa, Washington-Dulles
- Spirit Airlines - Chicago O'Hare, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale
- Sun Country Airlines - Lansing, Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Sunwing Airlines - Toronto-Pearson
- United Airlines - Chicago-O'Hare, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington-Dulles
- United Express operated by SkyWest Airlines - Fresno, Palm Springs, San Francisco
- US Airways - Boston, Charlotte, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Washington-Reagan
- US Airways Express operated by Mesa Airlines - Fresno, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Francisco
- Virgin America - New York-JFK, San Francisco
- WestJet - Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna, Montréal-Trudeau, Regina, Saskatoon, Toronto-Pearson, Vancouver, Victoria, Winnipeg
- Aeroméxico - Mexico City, Monterrey
- Air Canada - Calgary, Montréal-Trudeau, Toronto-Pearson, Vancouver
- British Airways - London-Heathrow
- Condor - Frankfurt
- Hawaiian Airlines - Honolulu, Kahului
- Korean Air - Seoul-Incheon
- Mexicana - Guadalajara, Mexico City, San José del Cabo
- Omni Air International - Honolulu
- Philippine Airlines - Manila, Vancouver
- Thomas Cook Airlines - Glasgow-International, Manchester
- Virgin Atlantic Airways - London-Gatwick, Manchester
- VivaAerobus - Hermosillo, Monterrey
- XL Airways France - Paris-Charles de Gaulle