Jorge Chavez International Airport (LIM) is located about 11 kilometres from downtown Lima, in Callao. It's about 17 kilometres to Miraflores and it's the busiest airport in Peru and one of the busiest in South America.
Remember for departing international flights there is a departure tax of $30 that has to be paid in cash, dollars or sols. Most international carriers prepay this fee but you won't find this out till you check in. For domestic flights there is a much smaller departure tax. If on an international flight make sure to arrive to the airport at least 2 hours before you flight because the exit procedure can take an extremely long time, especially if you are on one of the countless flights that leave around midnight everyday. For domestic flights 1.5 hours should be fine and the procedure is very quick.
For more information about other airports throughout the world, also see the list of airports.
Getting there and away
Transport to and from the airport is available by bus, van or taxi, it takes about 20 minutes from Miraflores to reach the airport by taxi.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
There is just one terminal which serves all destinations. For more information about the airlines, also visit the list of airlines and the details about budget airlines.
- Aerolíneas Argentinas - Buenos Aires-Ezeiza
- Aeroméxico - Mexico City
- Air Canada - Toronto-Pearson
- Air Europa - Madrid
- American Airlines - Miami
- Avianca - Bogotá
- Continental Airlines - Houston-Intercontinental, Newark
- Copa Airlines - Panama City
- Delta Air Lines - Atlanta
- Iberia - Madrid
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - Amsterdam
- LAN Airlines - Hanga Roa, Los Angeles, New York–JFK, Santiago de Chile
- LAN Argentina - Buenos Aires-Ezeiza
- LAN Ecuador - Guayaquil
- LAN Perú - Arequipa, Bogotá, Brasília, Buenos Aires-Ezeiza, Cajamarca, Cali, Cancún, Caracas, Cartagena de Indias, Chiclayo, Córdoba, Cusco, Iquitos, Juliaca, La Paz, Los Angeles, Madrid, Medellín-Córdova, Mexico City, Miami, Piura, Pucallpa, Puerto Iguazú, Puerto Maldonado, Punta Cana, Quito, San Francisco, Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Santiago de Chile, São Paulo-Guarulhos, Tacna, Tarapoto, Trujillo, Tumbes
- LC Busre - Andahuaylas, Ayacucho, Cajamarca, Chimbote, Huánuco, Huaraz, Jauja
- Peruvian Airlines - Arequipa, Cusco, Iquitos, Tacna
- Spirit Airlines - Fort Lauderdale
- Star Perú - Ayacucho, Chiclayo, Cusco, Huánuco, Iquitos, Pucallpa, Puerto Maldonado, Tarapoto, Trujillo
- TACA Airlines/LACSA - Buenos Aires-Ezeiza, San José (CR), Santiago de Chile
- TACA Perú - Asunción, Bogotá, Buenos Aires-Ezeiza, Cali, Caracas, Cusco, Guayaquil, Havana, La Paz, Medellín-Córdova, Mexico City, Montevideo, Porto Alegre, Quito, Rio de Janeiro-Galeão, San José (CR), San Salvador, Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Santiago de Chile, Santo Domingo, São Paulo-Guarulhos
- TAM Airlines - São Paulo-Guarulhos