Liverpool John Lennon Airport (LPL) offers a wide range of flights including some intercontinental. The airport is 8 miles (13 kilometres) from the city centre. Alongside domestic services, there are also regular scheduled flights to dozens of locations across Europe, North Africa as well as North America.
For more information about other airports throughout the world, also see the list of airports.
Getting there and away
- Car: the airport is accessible by the M53 and M56 motorways via the A533 to the south, and the M57 and M62 motorways via the Knowsley Expressway to the north of the airport. There is also a taxi rank at the airport, but beware of the distance to the city centre. It could cost you upwards of £20 to get into town.
- Rail: The nearest railway station is Liverpool South Parkway railway station, from which there are regular bus shuttle services to the airport. The station provides frequent rail services to central Liverpool, Crosby, Hunts Cross and Southport, on the suburban Merseyrail network, together with longer distance direct links to Manchester, Birmingham, Sheffield, Nottingham, Grantham, Peterborough and Norwich on the National Rail network.
- Bus: There are also regular bus services linking the airport with the surrounding urban areas. Express shuttle services also operate to Liverpool and Manchester. There are regular bus services from Liverpool airport to the city centre. Be sure to check the timetable as some routes are more direct than others. The #500 is a direct service from the airport to the city centre and takes about 20-30 minutes depending on the time of day. Other services take slightly longer.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
For more information about airlines, also see the list of airlines and the details about flying with budget airlines.
- Eastern Airways - Aberdeen, Southampton
- EasyJet - Alicante, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Belfast-International, Berlin-Schönefeld, Bodrum, Bordeaux, Dubrovnik, Faro, Fuerteventura, Geneva, Ibiza, Innsbruck, Isle of Man, Jersey, Kraków, Lanzarote, Lisbon, Lyon, Madrid, Málaga, Malta, Minorca, Naples, Nice, Palma de Mallorca, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Rhodes
- Flybe - Belfast-City, Isle of Man
- KLM operated by KLM Cityhopper - Amsterdam
- Onur Air - Bodrum
- Ryanair - Alicante, Arrecife, Agadir, Belfast-City, Bergerac, Bratislava, Bremen, Carcassonne, Cork, Derry, Dublin, Faro, Fuerteventura, Girona, Ibiza, Kaunas, Knock, Kraków, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Limoges, Lodz, Málaga, Milan-Orio al Serio, Murcia, Nîmes, Oslo-Rygge, Oslo-Torp, Palma de Mallorca, Pisa, Porto, Poznań, Reus, Riga, Rimini, Rome-Ciampino, Rzeszów, Seville, Shannon, Stockholm-Skavsta, Szczecin, Tenerife-South, Trapani, Venice-Treviso, Wrocław
- Saga Airlines - Dalaman
- Wizz Air - Gdańsk, Katowice, Warsaw
The number of bars and food outlets at the airport thankfully has increased over the last few years. There is plenty of choice. From Wetherspoons to pizza places and many more. All of these serve drinks but beware of prices. The majority of these bars and restaurants are past the security desks so once you are in theres no chance of going elsewhere.