London City Airport (IATA: LCY, ICAO: EGLC) is situated just 10 miles (16 kilometres) from the West End (the major shopping centre) and Westminster (location of main government offices), six miles (10 kilometres) from the City of London (the financial district) and three miles (5 kilometres) from Canary Wharf (London's newest business and financial centre).
For more information about other airports throughout the world, also see the list of airports.
Getting there and away
- Rail: Getting there and away is easy by public transit with the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) operating for connections to the City and Canary Wharf.
- Bus: London Buses services 473 and 474 run to local East London destinations.
- Car: There are short-term and long-termin parking places and car rental facilities at the airport, and taxis are available outside the terminal.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
For more information about airlines, also see the list of airlines and the details about flying with budget airlines.
- Aer Arann - Isle of Man
- Alitalia operated by Air One - Milan-Linate
- Baboo - Geneva
- British Airways - New York-JFK
- British Airways operated by BA CityFlyer - Amsterdam, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Geneva, Glasgow-International, Ibiza, Madrid, Nice, Palma de Mallorca, Zürich
- British Airways operated by Sun Air of Scandinavia - Billund
- CityJet - Amsterdam, Antwerp, Brive, Deauville, Dublin, Dundee, Edinburgh, Eindhoven, Jersey, Luxembourg, Nantes, Paris-Orly, Rotterdam
- Cimber Sterling - Copenhagen
- Lufthansa Regional operated by Lufthansa CityLine - Frankfurt, Munich
- Luxair - Luxembourg
- Swiss International Air Lines operated by Swiss European Air Lines - Basel/Mulhouse, Geneva, Zürich