Getting there and away
Several large parking ramps are available for cars. Most other connections are made at the Hub Building and adjacent Transit Center, which has city and shuttle bus, taxi, light-rail, and rental car service.
- Rail: The Hiawatha Line has stops at both the Hub Building (Lindbergh Station) and Humphrey Terminal (Humphrey Station). It connects the airport with downtown Minneapolis as well as with the Mall of America in nearby Bloomington, and operates as a shuttle service between the two airport terminals. Travelers can use the rail line to go between the two sites at all times. It is the only part of the line that operates continuously through the night (the rest shuts down for about four hours between 1:00am and 5:00am). Passengers going between the two terminals may ride free of charge, but those riding beyond the airport grounds must pay a standard fare.
Two trams (people movers) are at the airport. One carries passengers from the main section of Lindbergh Terminal to the Hub Building, and another runs along the long Concourse C in that terminal. The Hiawatha Line (see above) is the free ride between the terminals.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
There are two terminals: the Lindbergh Terminal and the Humprey Terminal. Almost all flights use the Lindbergh Terminal. For more information about airlines, also see the list of airlines and the details about budget airlines.
- Air Canada Jazz - Toronto-Pearson
- Alaska Airlines - Seattle/Tacoma
- American Airlines - Chicago-O'Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami
- American Eagle - Chicago-O'Hare, New York-LaGuardia
- Continental Airlines - Houston-Intercontinental
- Continental Express operated by Chautauqua Airlines - Cleveland
- Continental Express operated by ExpressJet Airlines - Cleveland, Houston-Intercontinental, Newark
- Delta Connection operated by Comair - Bentonville (AR), Chicago Midway, Chicago O'Hare, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky, Cleveland, Columbus (OH), Dallas/Fort Worth, Dayton, Des Moines, Jacksonville (FL), Louisville, Montreal-Trudeau, New York-JFK, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Pittsburgh, Sioux Falls, St. Louis, Toronto-Pearson, Winnipeg
- Delta Connection operated by Mesaba Airlines - Aberdeen (SD), Albany, Appleton, Austin, Bemidji, Birmingham (AL), Bismarck, Boise, Brainerd, Buffalo, Cedar Rapids/Iowa City, Charlotte, Chicago-O'Hare, Chisholm-Hibbing, Cleveland, Colorado Springs, Dallas/Fort Worth, Des Moines, Detroit, Devil's Lake, Edmonton, Fort Dodge, Grand Forks, Grand Rapids, Hartford/Springfield, Helena, Houston-Intercontinental, International Falls, Iron Mountain, Jamestown, Kansas City, Lincoln, Louisville, Madison, Marquette, Mason City, Memphis, Moline/Quad Cities, Montréal-Trudeau, Nashville, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Pasco (WA), Peoria, Pierre, Pittsburgh, Providence, Raleigh/Durham, Rapid City, Regina, Rhinelander, Rochester (MN), St. Louis, Salt Lake City, Saskatoon, Sioux City, Sioux Falls, Springfield (MO), Thief River Falls, Thunder Bay, Waterloo, Watertown (SD), Wausau
- Delta Connection operated by Pinnacle Airlines - Appleton, Birmingham (AL), Bismarck, Bloomington/Normal, Cedar Rapids/Iowa City, Cleveland, Dayton, Des Moines, Duluth, Fayetteville (AR), Flint, Fort Wayne, Grand Forks, Grand Rapids, Green Bay, Indianapolis, Kalamazoo, Knoxville, La Crosse, Lansing, Lexington, Lincoln, Louisville, Madison, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Rochester (NY), Saginaw, Sioux Falls, South Bend, Toronto-Pearson, Traverse City, Tulsa, Waterloo, Wichita, Winnipeg
- Delta Connection operated by Shuttle America - Chicago O'Hare, Norfolk
- Delta Connection operated by SkyWest Airlines - Bemidji, Bismarck, Calgary, Cedar Rapids, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado Springs, Des Moines, Duluth, Edmonton, Fargo, Grand Rapids (MI), Green Bay, La Crosse, Minot, Nashville, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Pittsburgh, Rapid City, Regina, Rochester (MN), Saskatoon, Sioux Falls, Toronto-Pearson, Winnipeg, Vancouver
- Delta Connection operated by Freedom Airlines Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky, Cleveland
- Delta Air Lines All Year - Albuquerque, Amsterdam, Anchorage, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Bismarck, Boston, Buffalo, Calgary, Charlotte, Chicago-O'Hare, Columbus (OH), Dallas/Fort Worth, Denver, Detroit, Fargo, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Grand Forks, Grand Rapids, Green Bay, Hartford, Honolulu, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Las Vegas, London-Heathrow, Los Angeles, Madison, Memphis, Mexico City, Miami, Milwaukee, New York-JFK, New York-LaGuardia, Newark, Omaha, Orange County, Orlando, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland (OR), Providence, Raleigh/Durham, Rapid City, Sacramento, St. Louis, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (CA), Seattle/Tacoma, Sioux Falls, Spokane, Tampa, Tokyo-Narita, Tucson, Vancouver, Washington-Reagan, Winnipeg; Seasonal - Billings, Boise, Bozeman, Cancún, Cozumel, Eagle/Vail, Fairbanks, Grand Cayman, Hayden/Steamboat Springs, Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Mazatlán, Montego Bay, Palm Springs, Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana, San José del Cabo, San Juan, Traverse City
- Delta Connection operated by Compass Airlines - Baltimore, Billings, Bozeman, Charlotte, Chicago-Midway, Dallas/Fort Worth, Duluth, Grand Rapids, Great Falls, Jacksonville, Kalispell, Louisville, Madison, Minot, Missoula, New Orleans, New York-JFK, Newark, Norfolk, Pittsburgh, Raleigh/Durham, Richmond, St. Louis, San Antonio, Sioux Falls, Washington-Dulles, Washington-Reagan
- Frontier Airlines - Denver
- Frontier Airlines operated by Chautauqua Airlines - Milwaukee
- Frontier Airlines operated by Republic Airlines - Denver, Milwaukee
- Republic Airlines - Charlotte, Philadelphia
- United Airlines - Chicago-O'Hare, Denver, San Francisco
- United Express operated by Shuttle America - Chicago-O'Hare, Denver
- US Airways - Charlotte, Philadelphia, Phoenix
- US Airways Express operated by Republic Airlines - Charlotte, Philadelphia
- AirTran Airways Atlanta, Milwaukee, Orlando
- Icelandair Reykjavík-Keflavik
- Southwest Airlines Chicago-Midway, Denver, St. Louis, Phoenix
- Sun Country Airlines All Year - Cancún, Dallas/Fort Worth, Las Vegas, New York-JFK, Orlando, San Diego; Seasonal - Anchorage, Boston, Cozumel, Fort Myers, Harlingen, Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Laughlin/Bullhead City, London-Stansted, Los Angeles, Mazatlan, Miami, Montego Bay, Palm Springs, Phoenix, Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, San Francisco, San José del Cabo, San Juan, Seattle/Tacoma, Tampa, Tucson, Washington-Dulles