Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (airport code: YUL), formerly called Dorval Airport - a name still in use by many locals, in the City of Dorval serves all international and domestic passenger traffic. Trudeau airport is approximately 20 kilometres from downtown Montreal.
For more information about other airports throughout the world, also see the list of airports.
Getting there and away
From the airport to downtown, the Montreal public transportation service provides bus service from the airport on route 204. The fare is $2.75. Take the eastbound bus to Dorval Circle, then the 211 to Lionel-Groulx Metro station. There is also bus service on route "209 Sources" Monday to Friday, and route "356 Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue" night bus. All three routes can take passengers to and from the Dorval bus terminus and train station which is within walking distance of the VIA's Dorval station. A shuttle bus runs between the airport and VIA's Dorval station. In 2010, STM introduced the 747 – Express Aéroport route which operates seven days a week all year long. The route has nine stops in each direction, including transfer stops at Lionel-Groulx metro station, Central Station, and Berri-UQAM metro station. The service runs every 10-12 minutes from 8:30am to 8:00pm, every 30 minutes from 5:30am to 8:30am and from 8:00pm to 1:00am, and every hour from 2:00am to 5:00am.
Check the STM website for more route information.
To add, there are also plenty of taxis available, as well as rental cars. Several companies offer cars from about 35 Canadian dollar for the smallest car, including Hertz, Avis, Budget and Alamo/National.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
The airport has 3 concourses (A, B and C). For more information also see the list of airlines and the details about flying with budget airlines.
- Air Creebec - Chibougamau, Val D'Or
- Air Inuit - Kuujjuarapik, La Grande, Quebec City
- First Air - Iqaluit, Kuujjuaq
- Porter Airlines - Halifax, Mont-Tremblant, Toronto-Billy Bishop
- Provincial Airlines - Sept-Îles
- Air Canada (also operating from concourses B and C) - Athens, Barbados, Barcelona, Brussels, Calgary, Cancun, Cayo Coco, Cayo Largo, Chicago-O'Hare, Deer Lake, Denver, Edmonton, Frankfurt, Fort-de-France, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Geneva, Halifax, Holguin, Las Vegas, London-Heathrow, Los Angeles, Miami, Mexico City, Montego Bay, Nassau, New York-LaGuardia, Orlando, Ottawa, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Phoenix, Pointe-à-Pitre, Port-au-Prince, Providenciales, Puerto Plata, Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana, Rome-Fiumicino, St John's, St Lucia, Samaná, Santa Clara, San Francisco, San Juan, Tampa, Toronto-Pearson, Vancouver, Varadero, Winnipeg
- WestJet (also operating from concourses B and C) - Calgary, Cancun, Edmonton, Fort Lauderdale, Halifax, Las Vegas, Montego Bay, Orlando, Punta Cana, Toronto-Pearson, Vancouver, Varadero, Winnipeg
- Air Canada operated by Air Georgian (also operating from concourse C) - Hartford, Moncton
- Air Canada Jazz (also operating from concourse C) - Bagotville, Baie-Comeau, Bathurst, Boston, Charlottetown, Chicago-O'Hare, Fredericton, Halifax, Houston-Intercontinental, Iqaluit, Magdalen Islands, Moncton, Mont-Joli, New York-LaGuardia, Newark, Ottawa, Quebec City, Regina, Rouyn-Noranda, Saint John, Thunder Bay, Toronto-Pearson, Val-d'Or, Washington-Dulles, Washington-Reagan, Winnipeg
- Air Algérie - Algiers
- Air France - Paris-Charles de Gaulle
- Air Saint-Pierre - Saint-Pierre
- British Airways - London-Heathrow
- Corsairfly - Paris-Orly
- Cubana de Aviación - Camaguey, Cayo Coco, Havana, Holguin, Santa Clara, Varadero
- KLM - Amsterdam
- Lufthansa - Munich
- Mexicana de Aviación - Mexico City
- Royal Air Maroc - Casablanca
- Royal Jordanian - Amman
- SATA International - Lisbon, Ponta Delgada
- Swiss International Air Lines - Zürich
- Thomas Cook Airlines - London-Gatwick
- Air Transat (also operating from concourse C) - Year round destinations: Cancun, Holguin, Málaga, Orlando, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Port-au-Prince, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana, Varadero; Summer destinations: Athens, Barcelona, Basel/Mulhouse, Bordeaux, Brussels, Dublin, Lamezia-Terme, Lisbon, London-Gatwick, Lyon, Madrid, Marseilles, Nantes, Nice, Porto, Rome-Fiumicino, Toulouse, Venice-Marco Polo, Vienna; Winter destinations: Acapulco, Camaguey, Cartagena, Cayo Coco, Cayo Largo, Fort Lauderdale, Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, La Romana, Managua, Montego Bay, Panama City, Porlamar, Puerto Vallarta, St Maarten, Samana, San Jose de Costa Rica, Santa Clara, San Andres Islands, San Salvador, Santo Domingo
- CanJet (also operating from concourse C) - Acapulco, Antigua, Camaguey, Cancun, Cayo Coco, Cayo Largo, Cienfuegos, Fort-de-France, Fort Lauderdale, Holguin, Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, La Ceiba, La Romana, León, Managua, Manzanillo, Montego Bay, Orlando, Pointe-à-Pitre, Providenciales, Panama City, Providenciales, Puerto Plata, Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana, St Maarten, Samana, Santa Clara, Santo Domingo, San Salvador (Bahamas), Varadero
- Sunwing Airlines (also operating from concourse C) - Acapulco, Camaguey, Cancun, Cayo Coco, Cienfuegos, Cozumel, Fort Lauderdale, Holguin, La Romana, Manzanillo de Cuba, Montego Bay, Orlando, Panama City, Port-au-Prince, Punta Cana, Puerto Plata, Roatán, Santiago de Cuba, Santo Domingo, Varadero
- American Airlines - Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami
- American Eagle - Chicago-O'Hare, New York-JFK, New York-LaGuardia
- Continental Connection operated by Colgan Air - Newark
- Continental Express operated by Chautauqua Airlines - Cleveland
- Continental Express operated by ExpressJet Airlines - Newark
- Delta Connection operated by Atlantic Southeast Airlines - Atlanta
- Delta Connection operated by Comair - Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky, Detroit, New York-JFK
- Delta Connection operated by Mesaba Airlines - Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Delta Connection operated by Pinnacle Airlines - Detroit, New York-JFK
- United Express operated by GoJet Airlines - Chicago-O'Hare, Washington-Dulles
- United Express operated by Shuttle America - Chicago-O'Hare, Washington-Dulles
- United Express operated by Trans States Airlines - Washington-Dulles
- US Airways Express operated by Air Wisconsin - Philadelphia, Washington-Reagan
- US Airways Express operated by Republic Airlines - Charlotte, Philadelphia