Naples International Airport (NAP) is the main airport for the Naples area and is one of the busier airports in Italy. Almost all major cities in Italy are served while many major European cities also have direct service from Naples Airport.
For more information about other airports throughout the world, also see the list of airports.
Getting there and away
It is very easy to get to and from the airport:
- Bus - Buy a ticket for €1 at the magazine kiosk inside the airport. Go outside airport and find the bus stop for the 3S bus. Take the 3S bus into Naples' centre.The bus connects the airport to Piazza Garibaldi and Piazza Municipio. The airport is also connected to Avellino, Benevento, Caserta, Sorrento, Salerno and Serre.
- Airport bus - Take the tourist airport bus outside the airport.
- Taxi - Taxis can be dangerous to take, especially at night. If you want to take a taxi, ask the taxi driver what it will cost before you get in.
- Car - The airport is easily accessible from Naples by taking the exit of the so called "Tangenziale", an urban highway (A56) connecting the city of Naples to the larger metropolitan area and highways to Rome (A1), Salerno (A3) and Bari (A16).
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
The airport has 2 terminals. Terminal 1 is the main terminal for travellers and is operated by a British Airport Company. For more information about airlines, also see the list of airlines and the details about flying with budget airlines.
- Aer Lingus - Dublin
- Aerosvit Airlines - Kiev-Boryspil, Lviv
- Air Berlin - Berlin-Tegel, Cologne/Bonn, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hanover, Munich, Stuttgart, Zurich
- Air France - Paris-Charles de Gaulle
- Air Italy - Catania, Milan-Bergamo, Nice, Olbia, Palermo, Turin, Verona
- Air Malta - Malta
- Air Vallee - Rimini
- Alitalia - Athens, Milan-Linate, Rome-Fiumicino
- Alitalia operated by Air One - Bologna, Catania, Genoa, Milan-Linate, Milan-Malpensa, Palermo, Turin, Venice-Marco Polo
- Arkia - Tel Aviv
- Austrian Airlines - Vienna
- Blue Air - Bucharest-Băneasa
- Brussels Airlines - Brussels
- British Airways - London-Gatwick
- Cimber Sterling - Copenhagen
- EasyJet - Basel/Mulhouse, Berlin-Schönefeld, Geneva, Ibiza, Liverpool, London-Gatwick, London-Stansted, Milan-Malpensa, Paris-Orly, Venice-Marco Polo
- Europe Airpost - Dublin
- Globus Airlines - Moscow-Domodedovo
- Iberia operated by Air Nostrum - Madrid
- InterSky - Friedrichshafen
- Israir - Tel Aviv
- Jetairfly - Brussels
- Lufthansa - Frankfurt, Milan-Malpensa, Munich
- Lufthansa Regional operated by Air Dolomiti - Munich
- Lufthansa Regional operated by Eurowings - Düsseldorf
- Luxair - Luxembourg
- Meridiana Fly - Cagliari, Heraklion, Milan-Linate, New York-JFK, Olbia, Sharm el-Sheikh, Venice-Marco Polo, Verona
- Sevenair - Tunis
- Spanair - Barcelona
- Sun d'Or International Airlines - Tel Aviv
- Thomas Cook Airlines - Brussels
- Thomson Airways - Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Glasgow-International, London Gatwick, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Trawel Fly operated by Astraeus Airlines - Milan-Orio al Serio, Paris-Charles de Gaulle
- Transavia.com - Amsterdam
- Transavia.com Denmark - Copenhagen
- Travel Service Airlines operated by Smart Wings - Prague
- VIM Airlines - Moscow-Domodedovo
- Vueling - Barcelona
- Wizz Air - Bucharest-Băneasa, Budapest, Prague
- XL Airways France - Paris-Charles de Gaulle