Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) serves as the primary gateway of the Philippines to the rest of the world. It is also known as the Manila International Airport (MNL), located within the heart of Metro Manila. The airport has two runways that meet at one point forming an L shape.
This airport was named after the late Senator Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino whom was assasinated on the tarmac of the Manila International Airport. Later, his wife Corazon Aquino became the Philippines' first lady president.
For more information about other airports throughout the world, also see the list of airports.
Airlines and Terminals
NAIA currently has a special domestic terminal for a few airlines and 3 terminals (terminal 2 has a north and south section) that serve a number of international and domestic airlines, among are the following:
- South East Asian Airlines - Basco, Caticlan, Tablas
- Sky Pasada - Baguio, Caticlan
- Zest Airways - Bacolod, Busuanga, Calbayog, Catarman, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Kalibo, Legazpi, Marinduque, Masbate, Puerto Princesa, San Jose (Mindoro), Tablas, Tacloban, Tagbilaran, Virac
NAIA 1 (Terminal 1)
Centennial Terminal (Terminal 2)
- North Terminal, Philippine Airlines - Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi, Beijing-Capital, Busan, Brisbane, Fukuoka, Guam, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Jakarta, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Macau, Melbourne, Nagoya-Centrair, Osaka-Kansai, Riyadh, San Francisco, Seoul-Incheon, Shanghai-Pudong, Singapore, Sydney, Taipei-Taoyuan, Tokyo-Narita, Vancouver, Xiamen,
- South Terminal, Philippine Airlines - Bacolod, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Cotabato, Davao, Dipolog, Dumaguete, General Santos, Iloilo, Kalibo, Laoag, Legazpi, Ozamiz, Puerto Princesa, Roxas City, Tacloban, Tagbilaran, Zamboanga
NAIA 3 (Terminal 3)
- Cebu Pacific - Bacolod, Bandar Seri Begawan, Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi, Beijing-Capital, Busuanga, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Calbayog, Catarman, Caticlan, Cauayan, Cebu, Cotabato, Davao, Dipolog, Dumaguete, General Santos, Guangzhou, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Iloilo, Jakarta, Kalibo, Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur, Laoag, Legazpi, Macau, Naga, Osaka-Kansai, Ozamiz, Pagadian, Puerto Princesa, Roxas City, San Jose (Mindoro), Seoul-Incheon, Shanghai-Pudong, Singapore, Surigao, Tacloban, Tagbilaran, Taipei-Taoyuan, Tuguegarao, Virac, Zamboanga
- Airphil Express - Bacolod, Busuanga, Cagayan de Oro, Calbayog, Catarman, Caticlan, Cebu, DavaoIloilo, Kalibo, Legazpi, Masbate, Naga, Ormoc, Puerto Princesa, San Jose (Mindoro), Surigao, Tagbilaran, Tuguegarao