Getting there and away
- Public Transport: AirBART shuttle buses and AC Transit's Lines 73 and 805 buses take passengers between the terminal and the Coliseum/Oakland Airport station, from where there are connections on Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). AirBART generally comes more often than AC Transit buses after 9:30pm daily. AirBART and Line 73 run during regular hours from about 5:00am to midnight, whereas Line 805 is a night bus that runs from midnight to 5:00am. A 3.2 mile (5 kilometres) extension of BART from Oakland Coliseum station to the airport is anticipated to start in mid-2010. A completion date for the project is set for sometime during 2013.
- Car: Oakland International is accessible from Interstate 880 (Nimitz Freeway) which is 2 miles (3 km) away. The airport can be reached by exiting Hegenberger Road or 98th Avenue. Rental cars are available at the airport and there are also taxis.
Oakland International Airport has two terminals, connected by an airside walkway.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
There are two terminals, terminal 2 being exclusively used by Southwest. For more information about airlines, also see the list of airlines and the details about flying with budget airlines.
- Alaska Airlines - Kahului, Kona, Lihue, Seattle/Tacoma
- Allegiant Air - Bellingham, Eugene
- Delta Air Lines - Atlanta, Salt Lake City
- Delta Connection operated by SkyWest Airlines - Salt Lake City
- Hawaiian Airlines - Honolulu, Kahului
- Horizon Air - Portland (OR)
- JetBlue Airways - Boston, Long Beach, New York-JFK, Washington-Dulles
- Mexicana - Guadalajara
- SATA International - Terceira
- United Airlines - Denver
- US Airways - Phoenix
- US Airways Express operated by Mesa Airlines - Phoenix
- Volaris - Guadalajara, Toluca, Cancun, Hermosillo
- Southwest Airlines - Albuquerque, Austin, Boise, Burbank, Chicago-Midway, Denver, Houston-Hobby, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Nashville, Ontario (CA), Orange County, Phoenix, Portland (OR), Reno/Tahoe, Salt Lake City, San Diego, Seattle/Tacoma, Spokane
FreeFi Networks provides free Wi-Fi Internet service and travelers can now keep in touch with business and personal contacts between flights, at no cost.