Oslo's Gardermoen Airport (OSL) is Norway's largest airport and is 45 kilometres north-east of Oslo. Gardermoen is served directly from most European capitals, but most flights from outside of Europe will require a stopover before heading to Oslo.
For more information about other airports throughout the world, also see the list of airports.
Getting there and away
- Rail: The easiest and fastest way to get to the city centre from the airport is by high speed train (the Flytoget), which takes 22 minutes and runs every 10 to 20 minutes. It stops at Lillestrøm, Central station and the National Theater, although some departures are direct to and from Central station only. You can purchase a ticket at the airport from a machine, through one of the booths or simply swipe your credit card and walk through. It's 170 NOK for a single trip.There are also a few slower local trains run by NSB that leave roughly every half hour and cost around 110 NOK. Use the front page of the Norwegian railway system to search for times close to your arrival.
- Bus: If you are not staying in the centre, the Flybussen bus can be a better option as it stops at more locations. This takes roughly 45 minutes and costs 120 NOK.
- Taxis should be ordered at the booth inside the arrival terminal. You will get a fixed price, starting anywhere around 450 NOK for a one way trip to the city center. It is usually more expensive to flag one outside from the queue.
- Rental cars are widely available with the big international companies like Hertz and Avis.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
All flights leave from one terminal. For more information about airlines, also visit the list of airlines and the details about flying with budget airlines.
- Aeroflot - Moscow-Sheremetyevo
- Air Malta - Malta
- airBaltic - Riga, Vilnius
- Air Berlin - Berlin-Tegel
- Air France - Paris-Charles de Gaulle
- Air Méditerranée - Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Toulouse
- Air Norway operated by North Flying - Aalborg, Brekstad
- Austrian Airlines operated by Tyrolean Airways - Vienna
- Blue1 - Helsinki
- British Airways - London-Heathrow
- British Airways operated by Sun Air - Aarhus
- Brussels Airlines - Brussels
- Cimber Sterling - Aalborg, Billund
- Continental Airlines - Newark
- Czech Airlines - Prague
- Danish Air Transport - Florø, Stord
- Danu Oro Transportas - Fagernes, Røros
- Eastern Airways - Aberdeen
- Estonian Air - Tallinn
- Finnair - Helsinki
- Icelandair - Reykjavík-Keflavík
- Iceland Express - Reykjavík-Keflavík
- KLM - Amsterdam
- Lufthansa - Frankfurt, Munich
- Lufthansa Regional operated by Lufthansa CityLine - Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Munich
- Norwegian Air Shuttle - Agadir, Ålesund, Alicante, Alta, Amsterdam, Antalya, Barcelona, Bardufoss, Belgrade, Bergen, Berlin-Schönefeld, Billund, Bodø, Bordeaux, Budapest, Burgas, Chania, Copenhagen, Corfu, Dubai, Dublin, Dubrovnik, Düsseldorf, Edinburgh, Faro, Gdańsk, Geneva, Hamburg, Harstad/Narvik, Haugesund, Helsinki, Heraklion, Ibiza, Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen, Kirkenes, Kos, Krakow, Kristiansand, Lanzarote, Larnaca, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, London-Gatwick, Málaga, Marrakech, Milan-Malpensa, Molde, Murcia, Munich, Nice, Olbia, Palanga, Palma de Mallorca, Paris-Orly, Pisa, Prague, Pula, Rhodes, Riga, Rijeka, Rome-Fiumicino, Saint Petersburg, Salzburg, Santorini, Sharm el-Sheikh, Split, Stavanger, Stockholm-Arlanda, Szczecin, Tallinn, Tenerife-South, Tromsø, Trondheim, Varna, Venice-Marco Polo, Vienna, Vilnius, Warsaw, Wrocław
- Pakistan International Airlines - Islamabad, Lahore
- Scandinavian Airlines - Ålesund, Alicante, Alta, Amsterdam, Antalya [seasonal], Barcelona, Bardufoss, Bergen, Bodø, Brussels, Copenhagen, Dublin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Gdansk, Harstad/Narvik, Haugesund, Kirkenes, Kristiansand, Kristiansund, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, London-Heathrow, Longyearbyen, Málaga, Manchester, Milan-Malpensa, Molde, Nice, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Reykjavík-Keflavík, Rome-Fiumicino, Stavanger, Stockholm-Arlanda, Tromsø, Trondheim, Zürich
- Rossiya - Saint Petersburg
- SATA International - Ponta Delgada
- SunExpress - Izmir
- Swiss International Airlines - Zürich
- TAP Portugal - Lisbon
- Thai Airways International - Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi
- Turkish Airlines - Istanbul-Atatürk
- US Airways - Philadelphia
- Widerøe - Bergen, Brønnøysund, Førde, Gothenburg-Landvetter, Ørsta/Volda, Rønne, Sandane, Sogndal, Sumburgh, Visby