Apart from the countries and dependent areas of those countries, which you can find under the respective continents (Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Central America, Europe, Middle East, North America, Oceania and South America), there are also several countries which have overseas dependent territories.
Like mentioned above, examples like the Pitcairn Islands (UK), French Polynesia (France) or Christmas Island (Australia) can all be found under the respective continents.
- Overseas Territories (United Kingdom): Akrotiri and Dhekelia, British Antarctic Territory, British Indian Ocean Territory, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands.
- Overseas Territories (France): Clipperton, French Southern and Antarctic Lands.
- Overseas Territories (Norway): Bouvet, Peter I Island, Queen Maud Land.
- Overseas Territories (United States of America): Navassa Island, Baker Island, Howland Island, Jarvis Island, Johnston Atoll, Kingman Reef, Midway Islands, Palmyra Atoll, Wake Island, Bajo Nuevo Bank, Serranilla Bank.
- Overseas Territories (New Zealand): Ross Dependency.
- Overseas Territories (Australia): Ashmore and Cartier Islands, Coral Sea Islands, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Australian Antarctic Territory.
Sights and Activities
This is version 3. Last edited at 11:42 on Jan 23, 15 by Utrecht.
6 articles link
to this page.
Except where otherwise noted, content of this article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License