Palermo Airport (PMO) is located near Palermo, Sicily. A few dozen of airlines serve the airport, and from late 2010, Ryanair will expand their services to Palermo from quite a few other European cities. In some cases it might be easier/cheaper to fly to Catania-Fontanarossa Airport and complete the journey by train or bus from there.
For more information about other airports throughout the world, also see the list of airports.
Getting there and away
To/from the airport
- Rail - The airport's rail facility, Punta Raisi railway station, is the northwestern terminus of Palermo Metro Line A. It links the airport with Palermo Centrale railway station. Most trains travel at 30-minute intervals from early morning to about 10:00pm. It takes 50 minutes and costs €5.80.
- Bus - Half hourly shuttle buses provide transport into the city centre and cost €5.80.
- Car - The usual taxi and car rental services are also available at the airport.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
For more information about airlines, also see the list of airlines and the details about flying with budget airlines.
- Air Berlin - Cologne/Bonn, Munich, Stuttgart, Zürich
- Air Italy - Naples, Genoa
- Air Malta - Malta
- Alitalia - Bologna, Milan-Linate, Rome-Fiumicino, Turin, Venice-Marco Polo
- Alitalia operated by Air One - Bologna, Lampedusa, Milan-Linate, Milan-Malpensa, Naples, Pantelleria
- Blu-express - Rome-Fiumicino
- Brussels Airlines - Brussels
- Darwin Airline - Foggia
- EasyJet - London-Gatwick, Milan-Malpensa, Paris-Orly, Rome-Fiumicino
- Helvetic Airways - Zürich
- Iberia operated by Air Nostrum - Madrid
- Lufthansa - Milan-Malpensa
- Luxair - Luxembourg
- Meridiana Fly - Bologna, Cagliari, Lampedusa, Malta, Milan-Linate, New York-JFK, Olbia, Pantelleria, Rome-Fiumicino, Venice, Verona
- Norwegian Air Shuttle - Stockholm-Arlanda
- Rossija - Saint Petersburg
- Ryanair - Bologna, Marseille, Milan-Orio al Serio, Pisa, Seville, Venice-Treviso, Verona
- Sevenair - Tunis
- Thomas Cook Airlines - Amsterdam, Brussels
- Transavia France - Amsterdam, Paris-Orly
- Tunisair - Djerba, Monastir, Tunis
- VIM Airlines - Moscow-Domodedovo
- Vueling Airlines - Barcelona
- Wind Jet - Barcelona, Forlì, Lyon, Marseille, Milan-Linate, Nantes, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Parma, Pisa, Rome-Fiumicino, Tolouse, Turin, Venice-Marco Polo, Verona
- XL Airways France - Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Toulouse