Toronto/Lester B. Pearson International Airport, or Pearson Airport (IATA: YYZ, ICAO: CYYZ), located in Mississauga, northwest of neighbouring Toronto, Ontario, is Canada's busiest airport. It is located 27 kilometres (17 miles) from the downtown core. The airport serves the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), is the primary hub for Air Canada, as well as a major hub for WestJet.
For more information about other airports throughout the world, also see the list of airports.
There is no train service from the Toronto airport to downtown Toronto. Passengers can take a bus to the subway.
The 192 Airport Rocket route provides all-day accessible express bus service between Kipling Station on the Bloor-Danforth Subway and Pearson Airport. Buses stop only at Kipling Station, Dundas Street & East Mall Crescent, Terminal 3 (Arrivals Level), then Jetliner Road and Airport Road, then Terminal 1 (Ground Level). Service operates from approximately 5:30am to 2:00am, seven days a week. One-way travel time is approximately 20 minutes.
The 58A Malton route provides all-day bus service between Lawrence West Station on the Spadina Subway and Pearson Airport. Buses serve Terminal 3 (Arrivals Level), then Jetliner Road and Airport Road, then Terminal 1 (Ground Level). Service operates from approximately 5:00am to 1:00am, seven days a week. One-way travel time is approximately 60 minutes.
The 300A Bloor-Danforth route provides overnight bus service along Danforth Avenue and Bloor Street to Pearson Airport. Buses serve Terminal 3 (Arrivals Level), then Jetliner Road and Airport Road, then Terminal 1 (Ground Level). Service operates from approximately 2:00am to 5:00am, seven days a week. One-way travel time from Yonge & Bloor is approximately 45 minutes.
The 307 Eglinton West route provides overnight bus service between Yonge Street & Eglinton Avenue and Pearson Airport. Buses serve Terminal 3 (Arrivals Level), then Jetliner Road and Airport Road, then Terminal 1 (Ground Level). Service operates from approximately 1:30am to 5:00am, seven days a week. One-way travel time is approximately 45 minutes.
Details on the routes, including schedules, can be found at the TTC website
GO Transit operates bus service from York Mills and Yorkdale subway stations to Terminal 1 (Ground level) at Pearson Airport. This service operates every 60 minutes, from approximately 6:00am to 1:00am Monday to Saturday, and from approximately 9:00am to 1:00am on Sundays. Travel time from Yorkdale station is approximately 30 -35 minutes, and from York Mills station approximately 40 - 45 minutes.
Travellers to Mississauga can get details on travelling from the airport to Mississauga from the Mississauga Transit website
Taxis and Limousines to and from the airport are flat fare, based on zones. The cost from downtown is approximately $46.00. For details on costs, check the GTAA website
The GTAA website provides details on how to get to the airport by public transit, paid taxi or limo and self-driving at their ground transportation page.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
The GTAA website provides a listing of Airlines, and terminals at this page on their website.
- Air Canada - Antigua, Aruba, Athens, Barbados, Barcelona, Beijing-Capital, Bermuda, Bogotá, Boston, Brussels, Buenos Aires-Ezeiza, Calgary, Cancún, Caracas, Cayo Coco/Cayo Guillermo, Chicago-O'Hare, Copenhagen, Cozumel, Deer Lake, Denver, Dublin, Edmonton, Fort Lauderdale, Fort McMurray, Fort Myers, Frankfurt, Geneva, George Town/Exuma, Grand Cayman, Grenada, Halifax, Havana, Holguin, Hong Kong, Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Kelowna, Kingston (Jamaica), La Romana, Las Vegas, Liberia (Costa Rica), Lima, London-Heathrow, Los Angeles, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Montego Bay, Montréal-Trudeau, Munich, Nassau, New York-LaGuardia, Newark, Orange County (California), Orlando, Ottawa, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland (Oregon), Providenciales, Puerto Plata, Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana, Regina, Rome-Fiumicino, St. John's (Newfoundland), St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Samaná, San Diego, San Francisco, San José de Costa Rica, San José del Cabo, San Juan, Santa Clara (Cuba), Santiago de Chile, São Paulo-Guarulhos, Sarasota/Bradenton, Saskatoon, Seattle/Tacoma, Seoul-Incheon, Shanghai-Pudong, Sydney (Australia), Tampa, Tel Aviv, Tokyo-Narita, Vancouver, Varadero, Victoria, Washington-Reagan, West Palm Beach, Winnipeg, Zürich
- Air Canada operated by Air Georgian - Albany, Allentown-Lehigh Valley, Dayton (OH), Grand Rapids (MI), Harrisburg, Hartford, Kingston (ON), Manchester (NH), Portland (ME), Providence, Rochester (NY), Sarnia, Syracuse (NY)
- Air Canada Jazz - Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Charlottetown, Chicago-O'Hare, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky, Cleveland, Columbus (OH), Dallas/Fort Worth, Detroit, Fredericton, Hartford, Houston-Intercontinental, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Kingston (ON), London (ON), Memphis, Milwaukee, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Moncton, Montréal-Trudeau, Nashville, Newark, North Bay, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Québec City, Raleigh/Durham, Richmond (VA), Saint John (NB), St. Louis, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Sydney (NS), Thunder Bay, Timmins, Windsor
- Alitalia - Rome-Fiumicino
- Arkefly - Amsterdam
- Austrian Airlines - Vienna
- Etihad Airways - Abu Dhabi
- Emirates - Dubai
- Icelandair - Reykjavik-Keflavik
- Jet Airways - Brussels, Delhi
- LOT Polish Airlines - Warsaw
- Lufthansa - Düsseldorf, Frankfurt
- Mexicana - Mexico City
- Sunwing Airlines - Acapulco, Barbados, Cancún, Cozumel, Cayo Coco/Cayo Guillermo, Camaguey, Fort Lauderdale, Gander (Newfoundland), Grenada, Halifax, Holguin, Huatulco, Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Kingston (Jamaica), La Ceiba, Las Vegas, La Romana, Liberia (Costa Rica), Manzanillo de Cuba, Montego Bay, Orlando, Panama City, Port of Spain, Puerto Plata, Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana, Roatán, St. Lucia, St. Petersburg/Clearwater, Santiago de Cuba, Santo Domingo, Stephenville, Varadero
- Turkish Airlines - Istanbul-Atatürk
- United Airlines - Chicago-O'Hare, San Francisco
- United Express operated by GoJet Airlines - Chicago-O'Hare, Washington-Dulles
- United Express operated by Shuttle America - Chicago O'Hare, Denver, Washington-Dulles
- United Express operated by Trans States Airlines - Washington-Dulles
- US Airways - Charlotte
- US Airways Express operated by Air Wisconsin - Charlotte, Philadelphia
- US Airways Express operated by Republic Airlines - Charlotte, Philadelphia
- Aerosvit Ukrainian Airlines - Kiev-Boryspil
- Air France - Paris-Charles de Gaulle
- Air India - Amritsar, Delhi, London-Heathrow
- Air Transat - Year-round destinations: Cancún, Cayo Coco/Cayo Guillermo, Faro, Fort Lauderdale, Glasgow-International, London-Gatwick, Manchester (UK), Montego Bay, Montréal-Trudeau, Orlando, Porto, Punta Cana, Shannon, Summer Seasonal: Amsterdam, Athens, Barcelona, Birmingham (UK), Dublin, Edinburgh, Exeter, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Lamezia Terme, Lisbon, London-Heathrow, Madrid, Málaga, Munich, Newcastle upon Tyne, Pescara, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Rome-Fiumicino, Venice-Marco Polo, Vienna, Winter Seasonal: Panama City, Puerto Plata, Puerto Vallarta, San José de Costa Rica, San Salvador, Santa Clara (Cuba), Varadero
- American Airlines - Chicago-O'Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami
- American Eagle - Boston, Chicago-O'Hare, New York-JFK, New York-LaGuardia
- British Airways - London-Heathrow
- CanJet Airlines - Antigua, Aruba, Cancún, Cartagena, Cayo Coco/Cayo Guillermo, Cienfuegos, Holguin, Montego Bay, Nassau, Punta Cana, Samaná, Santa Clara (Cuba), Santiago de Cuba, Varadero
- Caribbean Airlines - Kingston (Jamaica), Port of Spain
- Cathay Pacific - Hong Kong
- Continental Connection operated by CommutAir - Cleveland
- Continental Connection operated by Colgan Air - Newark
- Continental Express operated by ExpressJet Airlines - Cleveland, Houston-Intercontinental, Newark
- Cubana de Aviación - Cayo Coco/Cayo Guillermo, Camaguey, Cienfuegos, Havana, Holguin, Santa Clara (Cuba), Santiago de Cuba, Varadero
- Delta Connection operated by Atlantic Southeast Airlines - Atlanta, Detroit, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky, Memphis
- Delta Connection operated by Comair - Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky, New York-JFK
- Delta Connection operated by Pinnacle Airlines - Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York-JFK
- EL AL - Tel Aviv
- Enerjet - Cancún, Curaçao, Liberia (Costa Rica), Montego Bay, Puerto Plata, Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana
- EVA Air - Taipei-Taoyuan
- Finnair - Helsinki
- Kelowna Flightcraft Air Charter - Kelowna
- KLM - Amsterdam
- Korean Air - Seoul-Incheon
- Lan Airlines - New York-JFK, Santiago de Chile
- Pakistan International Airlines - Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore
- Pascan Aviation - Rouyn-Noranda, Val d'Or
- SATA International - Faro, Lisbon, Ponta Delgada, Porto, Terceira
- TACA International Airines - San Salvador
- Thomas Cook Airlines - Birmingham, Glasgow-International, London-Gatwick, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Transaero - Moscow-Domodedovo
- Virgin America - Los Angeles, San Francisco
- Westjet - Barbados, Bermuda, Calgary, Cancún, Cayo Coco/Cayo Guillermo, Cozumel, Charlottetown, Deer Lake, Edmonton, Freeport, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Fort McMurray, Grand Cayman, Halifax, Holguin, Kelowna, La Romana, Las Vegas, Miami, Moncton, Montego Bay, Montréal-Trudeau, Nassau, New Orleans, Orlando, Ottawa, Palm Springs, Providenciales, Puerto Plata, Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana, Québec City, Regina, Saint John (New Brunswick), St. John's (Newfoundland), St. Lucia, St. Martin, Samaná, Santa Clara (Cuba), Saskatoon, Sydney (Nova Scotia), Tampa, Thunder Bay, Vancouver, Varadero, Victoria, Winnipeg
Connecting Between Terminals
The LINK Train offers free transportation between Terminal 1, Terminal 3, and the Sheraton Gateway Hotel. It also provides acess to the Reduced Rate Parking Lot at Viscount Station, and the employee parking lot. The train runs 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is wheelchair accessible. You can access the train from the following locations:
- Terminal 1 – located on Level 5 of the Terminal 1 Parking Garage, accessible from the terminal via the West Pedestrian Bridge
- Terminal 3/Sheraton Gateway Hotel – accessible via the terminal/hotel pedestrian bridge, either from the hotel lobby or Level 3 of Terminal 3
- Reduced Rate Parking Lot/Employee Parking Lot – accessible from the Viscount Station, located between Viscount and Airport Roads at American Drive
The Toronto Airport website contains videos explaining how to transit between Domestic, International and "Trans-border" (Canada <-> USA flights).