Riga International Airport (RIX) handles all flights to and from Riga, the capital of Latvia. Air Baltic is the national airline of Latvia and has flights to most countries in Europe. It also has domestic services to and from Liepaya and Ventspils.
For more information about other airports throughout the world, also see the list of airports.
Getting there and away
- Bus: Route #22, operated by Rigas Satiksme, run between Riga city centre and the airport. airBaltic in cooperation with Reval Hotel Latvia offers a shuttle bus service – Airport Express. The bus operates between the Riga airport and the Reval Hotel Latvia, (in the city centre). There are international bus connections from the airport to cities in Estonia, Lithuania, Poland and Russia.
- Car: The airport and European route E22 are connected by highway P133. There are almost 2,000 parking place available, both long term and short term. Taxis are widely available as well.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
For more information about airlines, also see the list of airlines and the details about flying with budget airlines.
- Aeroflot - Moscow-Sheremetyevo
- Aerosvit - Kiev-Boryspil, Odessa
- airBaltic - Ålesund, Almaty, Amman, Amsterdam, Antalya, Arkhangelsk, Athens, Baku, Barcelona, Belgrade, Beirut, Bergen, Berlin-Tegel, Billund, Brussels, Chişinău, Copenhagen, Dalaman/Mugla, Dubai, Dublin, Düsseldorf, Dushanbe, Frankfurt, Geneva, Gothenburg-Landvetter, Hamburg, Hanover, Helsinki, Heraklion, Hurghada, Istanbul-Atatürk, Kaliningrad, Kaunas, Kiev-Boryspil, Kittilä, Kuopio, Kuusamo, Lappeenranta, London-Gatwick, Luleå, Madrid, Milan-Linate, Milan-Malpensa, Minsk, Moscow-Sheremetyevo, Moscow-Domodedovo, Munich, Nice, Odessa, Oslo-Gardermoen, Oulu, Palanga, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Rijeka, Rome-Fiumicino, Rovaniemi, St Petersburg, Sharm el-Sheikh, Simferopol, Stavanger, Stockholm-Arlanda, Tallinn, Tartu, Tampere, Tashkent, Tbilisi, Tel Aviv, Tromsö, Turku, Venice-Marco Polo, Umeå, Vaasa, Vilnius, Vienna, Visby, Warsaw, Yerevan, Zürich
- Belavia - Minsk
- Bulgaria Air - Burgas, Varna
- Czech Airlines - Prague
- Finnair operated by Finncomm Airlines - Helsinki
- LOT Polish Airlines - Warsaw
- Lufthansa - Frankfurt
- Norwegian Air Shuttle - Oslo-Gardermoen, Trondheim
- Ryanair - Bremen, Bristol, Brussels South-Charleroi, Dublin, East Midlands, Glasgow-Prestwick, Hahn, Liverpool, London-Stansted, Milan-Orio al Serio, Oslo-Rygge, Stockholm-Skavsta, Tampere, Weeze
- SmartLynx Airlines Summer - Antalya, Heraklion, Monastir-Habib Bourguiba, Tenerife South-Reina Sofia; Winter - Hurghada, Sharm el-Sheikh
- TAROM - Bucharest-Otopeni
- Transaero Airlines - Moscow-Domodedovo
- Turkish Airlines - Istanbul-Atatürk
- UTair Aviation - Moscow-Vnukovo
- Uzbekistan Airways - New York-JFK, Tashkent
- Wind Jet - Forlì
- Wizz Air - London-Luton, Oslo-Torp