Getting there and away
- Car: The drive to downtown Seattle from Seattle-Tacoma Airport will take 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the traffic. If you are driving yourself, from the airport to downtown Seattle, start going towards the AIRPORT EXIT on NORTH EXIT WAY, take the WA-518 EAST ramp, merge on WA-518 EAST, take the I-5 NORTH EXIT, merge on I-5 NORTH and head north for 10 miles (16 kilometres). You will see the Seattle skyline approaching as you near downtown. There are several downtown exits; exit 165 will take you to Seneca Street in the heart of downtown Seattle; if you take exit 167 and follow the SEATTLE CENTER signs, this will take you to the Seattle Center and the Space Needle.
- A trip to downtown Seattle from the airport on public transportation takes 30 to 40 minutes. King Couny Metro buses and and Sound Transit regional express buses offer services.
- There is also a scheduled bus service to downtown Vancouver, Canada through Quick Shuttle, with other pick up stops at downtown Seattle, Bellingham International Airport, and drop off stops just inside the Canadian-U.S. boundary and at Vancouver International Airport.
- Rail: There is also now a light rail option for getting to Downtown Seattle from Sea-Tac Airport. This Central Link is operated by Sound Transit.
- Taxis, rental cars and door-to-door shuttle service are available. Rental car options include companies like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Thrifty, Enterprise and Alamo/National.
The satellite terminals are connected to the central terminal by an underground people mover system.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
Seattle–Tacoma International Airport has a Central Terminal building with four concourses (A - D) and two Satellite Terminals (North and South). For more information about airlines, also visit the list of airlines and the details about flying with budget airlines.
- AirTran Airways - Atlanta, Baltimore, Milwaukee
- American Airlines - Chicago-O'Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, New York-JFK, St. Louis
- Frontier Airlines - Denver
- Frontier Airlines operated by Republic Airlines - Kansas City, Milwaukee
- Hawaiian Airlines - Honolulu, Kahului
- JetBlue Airways - Boston, Long Beach, New York-JFK
- US Airways - Charlotte, Philadelphia, Phoenix
- Virgin America - Los Angeles, San Francisco
- Delta Air Lines (also operates from the South Satellite Terminal) - Amsterdam, Atlanta, Beijing-Capital, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky, Detroit, Honolulu, Memphis, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York-JFK, Osaka-Kansai, Salt Lake City, Tokyo-Narita
- Continental Airlines - Anchorage, Cleveland, Houston-Intercontinental, Newark
- Southwest Airlines - Albuquerque, Baltimore, Boise, Chicago-Midway, Denver, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Nashville, Oakland, Phoenix, Reno/Tahoe, Sacramento, St. Louis, Salt Lake City, San Jose, Spokane
- Horizon Air (also operates from the South Satellite Terminal) - Bellingham, Billings, Boise, Bozeman, Calgary, Edmonton, Eugene, Fresno, Great Falls, Helena, Kalispell, Kelowna, Lewiston, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Medford, Missoula, Pasco, Portland, Pullman, Redding, Redmond, Reno/Tahoe, Santa Barbara, Santa Rosa, Spokane, Sun Valley, Vancouver, Victoria, Walla Walla, Wenatchee, Yakima
- Alaska Airlines (also operates from concourse D and the North Satellite Terminal) - Anchorage, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Burbank, Chicago-O'Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Denver, Fairbanks, Honolulu, Houston-Intercontinental, Juneau, Kahului, Ketchikan, Kona, Las Vegas, Lihue, Los Angeles, Mazatlán, Miami, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Newark, Oakland, Ontario, Orange County, Orlando, Palm Springs, Phoenix, Puerto Vallarta, St. Louis, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, San Jose del Cabo, Sitka, Spokane, Tucson, Vancouver, Washington-Reagan
- Air Canada - Toronto-Pearson
- Air Canada Jazz - Calgary, Vancouver
- United Airlines - Chicago-O'Hare, Denver, San Francisco, Tokyo-Narita, Washington-Dulles
- United Express operated by SkyWest Airlines - Los Angeles, Portland, San Francisco, Spokane
- Air France - Paris-Charles de Gaulle
- Asiana Airlines - Seoul-Incheon
- British Airways - London-Heathrow
- Delta Connection operated by Mesaba Airlines - Salt Lake City
- Delta Connection operated by SkyWest Airlines - Salt Lake City
- EVA Air - Taipei-Taoyuan
- Hainan Airlines - Beijing-Capital
- Icelandair - Reykjavík-Keflavík
- Korean Air - Seoul-Incheon
- Lufthansa - Frankfurt
- Sun Country Airlines - Minneapolis/St. Paul