This is not a formal region of Scotland but may be generally understood to be Ayrshire, Dumfries and Galloway.
There is plenty of variety here from the uplands of the Forest of Galoway to the delightful coastline from Port William to Ayr.
Towns and villages
- Port William
- Newton Stewart
- Gatehouse of Fleet
- Castle Douglas
- Port Logan
Sights and Activities
- Glen Trool - beauty spot in the Forest of Galloway -start of numerous walks.
- Logan Botanical Gardens - on the west coast of the Rhinns of Galloway.
- The Mull of Galloway does not feature in a song by Sir Paul but in other respects is comparable with the Mull of Kintyre.
- Culzean castle and Gardens on the west coast.
- Whithorn and area - some fine coast and quite a bit of history.