Tampa International Airport (IATA: TPA, ICAO: KTPA, FAA LID: TPA) is located around 11 kilometres from Tampa's CBD. A few dozen of airlines serve the airport, mainly on domestic routes, but there are a few interesting alternatives on international routes, like the one to London Gatwick Airport.
For more information about other airports throughout the world, also see the list of airports.
There is a landslide terminal, connecting into 4 satellite airside terminals. Each airside is connected to the Landside Terminal via an elevated automated people mover (APM) system which employs 16 Bombardier CX-100 Shuttle Cars. TPA was the first airport in the world to deploy a fully automated, driverless people mover system and is host to Bombardier Transportation's longest-running APM system.
There is a monorail circling the long term parking garage and connects to the short term parking garage via an elevated bridge to stop at four additional stations. The monorail is free to use and runs twenty-four hours a day except for a once-a-week maintenance shut-down in the overnight hours.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
There are 4 airside terminals, confusingly labelled A, C, E and F. For more information about airlines, also see the list of airlines and the details about flying with budget airlines.
- AirTran Airways - Akron/Canton, Asheville [seasonal], Atlanta, Baltimore, Dayton, Flint [seasonal], Grand Rapids, Gulfport/Biloxi, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh [seasonal], Rochester (NY)
- Continental Airlines - Cleveland, Houston-Intercontinental, Newark
- Continental Connection operated by Gulfstream International Airlines - Fort Lauderdale, Key West, Miami, Pensacola, Tallahassee
- Continental Express operated by ExpressJet Airlines - Cleveland
- JetBlue Airways - Boston, New York-JFK, Newark, White Plains
- Frontier Airlines operated by Republic Airlines - Milwaukee, Oklahoma City, Omaha
- Southwest Airlines - Albany, Austin, Baltimore, Birmingham (AL), Buffalo, Chicago-Midway, Columbus (OH), Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Hartford, Houston-Hobby, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Long Island/Islip, Louisville, Manchester (NH), Milwaukee, Nashville, New Orleans, Norfolk, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Providence, Raleigh/Durham, St. Louis, San Antonio, Washington-Dulles, West Palm Beach
- Spirit Airlines - Atlantic City, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale
- Air Canada - Halifax, Montréal-Trudeau, Toronto-Pearson
- Delta Air Lines - Atlanta, Boston, Cancun, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky, Detroit, Hartford, Los Angeles, Memphis, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York-JFK, New York-LaGuardia, Salt Lake City, Washington-Reagan
- Delta Connection operated by Comair - Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky
- Delta Connection operated by Mesaba Airlines - Memphis
- Sun Country Airlines - Minneapolis/St. Paul, West Palm Beach
- United Airlines - Chicago-O'Hare, Denver, Washington-Dulles
- American Airlines - Chicago-O'Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami, New York-JFK, San Juan
- British Airways - London-Gatwick
- Cayman Airways - Grand Cayman
- US Airways - Charlotte, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Washington-Reagan
- WestJet - Ottawa, Toronto-Pearson