Trondheim Airport (TRD) is one of the bigger airports in Norway and still in the top 100 of Europe. It is almost 20 kilometres east of the city. About 10 airlines serve the airport, mostly throughout northern, western and southern Europe.
For more information about other airports throughout the world, also see the list of airports.
Getting there and away
- Rail: Norwegian State Railways operates trains to and from Trondheim Airport. There are three daily express trains, one to Mo i Rana and two to Bodø. One of the Bodø-trains is a night train. Travel time to Mo i Rana is 6 hours and travel time to Bodø is 9 hours. The Trøndelag Commuter Rail offers hourly services in each direction: northbound to Steinkjer and southbound to Trondheim and Lerkendal. It takes around half an hour to Trondheim.
- Car: The airport is located along European Route E6 and E14. The airports connects to Norwegian National Road 705, which again connects with the E6 shortly after. Taxis, short-term and long-term parking, and rental cars are all widely available at the airport.
- Bus: http://www.klaburuten.no|Klaburuten]] operates the Airport Express Coaches four times hourly to Downtown Trondheim, stopping at major hotels, Trondheim Central Station and the Munkegata Terminal. Nettbuss operates city and regional buses to Selbu and Oppdal from the bus station near the airport, and TrønderBilene operates Norway Bussekspress coaches to Namsos.
Airlines, Destinations and Terminals
For more information about airlines, also see the list of airlines and the details about flying with budget airlines.
- Icelandair Seasonal - Reykjavík
- KLM operated by KLM Cityhopper - Amsterdam
- Krohn Air operated by Sun Air of Scandinavia - Molde
- Nextjet - Stockholm-Bromma, Åre/Östersund
- Norwegian Air Shuttle - Alicante, Antalya, Bergen, Bodø, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, London-Gatwick, Málaga, Murcia, Nice, Oslo-Gardermoen, Oslo-Rygge, Prague, Riga, Split, Stavanger, Tromsø; Seasonal - Dubrovnik, Salzburg
- Scandinavian Airlines - Alicante, Bergen, Bodø, Oslo-Gardermoen, Stavanger, Stockholm-Arlanda, Tromsø, Ålesund
- Vildanden operated by Danish Air Transport - Skien
- Widerøe - Bodø, Brønnøysund, Copenhagen, Kristiansund, Harstad/Narvik, Mo i Rana, Mosjøen, Namsos, Sandefjord, Rørvik, Sandnessjøen