We created this packing list with the help of our members - keen travellers who've been there and done that. They contributed their suggestions through our forums, which are a great resource for any traveller.
Of course, no two people are the same, so consider this list a starting point. It has been designed to be useful for travellers of all types: male, female, young, old, short-term, long-term, etc. No one traveller will want to pack all the items on this list, but it does contain most of the things you would consider. Narrow it down to your needs.
If you have any suggestions for items that should be included, contact us with your ideas and we will gladly review them.
- Address list and list of important contacts or numbers
- Backpack, suitcase, sports bag (something to pack everything in)
- Paper or Notebook
- Passport (check validity!)
- Pencils, Pens
- Tickets and itinerary (airline, train, bus, accommodation bookings etc.)
- Travel Insurance (and why you need it!)
- Bra (sports and regular)
- Dress shirts
- Jumper, sweater or fleece
- Light jacket
- Long or thermal underwear
- Long sleeve shirts
- Pants or trousers
- Pyjamas/Sleepwear (Member's tip)
- Sandals, shower shoes, thongs or jandals
- Sarong or Lava lava
- Ski clothes
- Swimming gear
- T-shirts, singlets
- A good hat
- Cotton handkerchief or tissues
- Gloves or mittens
- Knitted (woollen) hat
- Raincoat or poncho
- Safety pins
- Sewing kit
- Ski glasses
- Suit bag
- Anti-bacterial cream
- Comb or brush
- Condoms and/or contraceptive pills
- Contact lens equipment or glasses
- Copy of your glasses prescription (Member's tip)
- Cotton buds
- Dental floss (also great for fixing things!)
- Fingernail clippers
- Hair products (gel, spray etc.)
- Lip balm
- Moisturiser (face and body)
- Nail file
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Shaving cream
- Sleeping pills
- Sunscreen and after sun cream
- Talcum/baby powder - Useful against prickly heat, in shoes, on sticky zippers and more (Member's tip)
- Tampons and pads
- Toothbrush, toothpaste
First Aid Kit
Trip Planning and Packing Tips
Busy packing and afraid it's not all going to fit?
Not sure how to start planning your trip?
Check out our Trip Planning tips and Packing Tips to help you get started and pack efficiently.
Use the travel planner to help organise your research
Online Travel Guide
If you're looking for more information about your destination, have a look through our Free Travel Guides contributed by users and print out the articles that are relevant to you.
If you have any questions about what things to take, feel free to ask in our Travel Gear forum.
Other Packing Resources
Free Travel Blog
Start a free travel blog, choose a template to illustrate your trip and let everyone know where to find it before you leave.
Top of page
Thank you for printing this packing list from www.travellerspoint.com/packing-list.cfm!