Travel Forums Travel Photography Insurance?

1. Posted by JimRL (Full Member 38 posts) 15y Star this if you like it!

Can anyone recommend a good Insurance company for my Photography Gear. The one I was with has expired and won't cover me when I go abroad if I renew. I checked with E&L and the woman said that its a £500 excess charge.


2. Posted by georgep (Respected Member 201 posts) 15y Star this if you like it!

Hi Jim,

I don't know how it works in the UK but in Holland or Sweden equipment insurance with world wide coverage is VERRY expensive.

My advice try to get it coverd in you travel insurance.

One time i even just got a second travel insurance to get a part of my equipment coverd (advice of my insurence guy)

Now here in Sweden i am lucky that my travel insurence in included in my home insurance and that covers my delicate photo equipment abroad :) But of course be carefull of what you take so that it's in the maximum coverage.


3. Posted by zags (Respected Member 370 posts) 15y Star this if you like it!

I found this online travel insurance company called World Nomads, which is underwritten by Allianz. It covers insurance for your activities during travel such as trekking, snorkelling, diving, rafting, bungy jumping, etc. and your digital camera, iPod, laptops, etc.

Hope it helps.


4. Posted by cikusang (Respected Member 1361 posts) 15y Star this if you like it!

thanks, that's help!