Skip Navigation

USA and Spent conviction for ABH

Travel Forums North America USA and Spent conviction for ABH

1. Posted by SusanRiley1974 (Inactive 2 posts) 3y Star this if you like it!

Hello, Im a female and i was convicted about 12 years ago of ABH, i was fined and given community service, i know this conviction is now spent in uk but usa does not recognise this. It was a stupid mistake i made when drunk after someone attacked my boyfriend at the time. I understand i have to declare this if i wanted to travel to, work or intended moving to the usa perminantly. Does anyone know if this would cause any problems for me now? I had a caution for losing my driving license about 5 years ago, but otherwise i am of good character and have a responsible job. I did travel through the use about 6 years ago on the way to central america and i didn't declare my conviction then as i wasn't aware i had to at the time. Would this reflect badly on me?

2. Posted by CheersT (Inactive 2578 posts) 3y Star this if you like it!

Do the paperwork for the Waiver. With only one conviction with no jail time so long ago you'll have no problems.

Good luck.


3. Posted by SusanRiley1974 (Inactive 2 posts) 3y Star this if you like it!

Thanks Terry :)

4. Posted by karazyal (Travel Guru 1937 posts) 3y Star this if you like it!

One easy option with benefits:

Come across the border with the invaders from the South of the border. Obama's administration doesn't seem to care! You will be no different than the other (major or minor) criminals and gang-bangers various countries in Central America and Mexico have let out of reform schools, jails, insane asylums and sanitariums being dumped on the US! Just don't get too close to anyone coughing, looks sick, spitting up blood or has the runs. No real physical checks. Lie about your age, lie about your country of origin, claim asylum and you will get free help, maybe free hotel, free medical, free dental, etc.

Otherwise fess up and see what happens! It is mostly the honest immigrants who get the "third degree" when coming in.