Documentation While travelling

Travel Forums General Talk Documentation While travelling

Last Post This thread is marked as being about Australia
1. Posted by jay1987 (Budding Member 68 posts) 7y Star this if you like it!


I am travelling to Australia soon on a WHV and I'm not sure what documents I will need or should take with me. Obviously my passport is a must but I'm not really sure what I need much past that. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Regards Jay

2. Posted by SOMV (Budding Member 58 posts) 7y Star this if you like it!

Hi Jay,

As far as the visa itself goes, you should make sure that you have some funds and credit cards so that if you are asked, as you go through customs, about your finances, you are able to show that you have some money up your sleeve to help you finance your travels.

But if you mean documents you may need once you start looking for jobs, then copies of your qualifications and references and CV would be useful. Though you might just want to have these saved in an email box that you know you will be able to access, and print off, from anywhere in the world. Of course if you have travel insurance you want to have a copy of that handy somewhere too. And always make sure you have a colour scan of your passport ID page and credit cards, so if these get stolen, you can rely on the scans to provide the right info.

I hope that helps :)

3. Posted by Taylor Ms (Budding Member 7 posts) 7y Star this if you like it!

According my experience, you should bring your passport and a copy of it. Store the copy in a different part of the luggage in case you lost the original. Additionally, you should bring flight and hotel information. If you plan to rent a car, make sure you have driver''s license with you during the trip.

4. Posted by Borisborough (Moderator 1777 posts) 7y Star this if you like it!

It's also worthwhile carrying details of your insurance, either a paper version or stored somewhere easily accessible electronically (your mobile phone). You will need to supply insurance details if you need medical attention or if you lose or damage any of your belongings and your insurance company might expect you to contact them before getting treatment or replacing items.