Canadian wanting to work in Amercia

Travel Forums North America Canadian wanting to work in Amercia

1. Posted by nixom (First Time Poster 1 posts) 39w Star this if you like it!

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I had some questions or inquires.

I'm a Canadian that's looking to work in Vegas for 6 months and then travel down to California and work another 6 months there. I'm a freelance videographer/photographer and was thinking of maybe working as a bartender in Vegas while freelancing my photography on the side and of course in California perhaps do the same unless I find a job more in my field. I have been googling everything but still can't find the correct answer and I feel like I'm more confused then ever. From what I understand, it seems like applying for a H1B working Visa is the best bet.

If anyone has ever travelled abroad or has any experience on this, please let me know.

Also, are there any programs I can take in the states that I can get a job from?

I will greatly appreciate it :)

[ Edit: Edited on 17-Jun-2018, at 10:37 by nixom ]