Skip Navigation

i`m confused!!!!!!!!!

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific i`m confused!!!!!!!!!

Last Post This thread is marked as being about Australia
1. Posted by dan_ukport (First Time Poster 1 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

hi all. i`m curently doing BEng Civil Eng in one of the universities in Uk.i`ll be completing in June 2006.i`m a malaysian.I would like to know weather i`m qualified to work in Australia after i graduate?i would be really thankfull if sumone could help me with tis confusion.thanx a lot.

2. Posted by Sam I Am (Admin 5588 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

Well, this really depends on what kind of visa you want to work on? A working holiday visa? I don't think Malaysia has an agreement and therefore, no, you wouldn't be able to go on this visa.

If on the other hand you apply for a work permit based on the fact that you have special skills which are rare in Australia, you might be able to get a visa. Depends on the skills you are talking about in this case. Check with the Australian embassy in the UK or else in Malaysia; they'll be able to give you a list of the skills which are currently easy to get a work visa with...

3. Posted by magykal1 (Travel Guru 2026 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

Hi Dan - your BEng will almost certainly be valid should you want to work permanently in Australia providing your course is ECUK accredited as there is an international agreement that covers it - 'The Sydney Accord':

: the way I understand it you would have to try to get in via a skilled migrant scheme - a working holiday visa would be no good 'cause you're not supposed to work in your 'chosen profession' so any above board engineering company ought to turn you away.