Can I get a working visa at the age of 32?

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific Can I get a working visa at the age of 32?

Last Post This thread is marked as being about Australia
1. Posted by olamouse (First Time Poster 1 posts) 15y Star this if you like it!

I wanted to go travelling when i was a youngster but never got it sorted out! i'd really like to go to australia for a year but there is no way i can save up enough money to survive a year. Therefore i need to earn money while i'm there. Does anyone know if i'd be able to get a working visa now i'm 32? Thanks guys!

2. Posted by BeckyR (Full Member 174 posts) 15y Star this if you like it!

Hi Nicola . .my understanding that the short term holiday/working visa is only available up to the age of 30! Like you I am a few years pass that magic age, had not realised I was getting old!!! However if you want to stay longer and have savings, you may be able to apply for a full working visa . . I suggest you visit the Australian immigration website . .really helpful.

3. Posted by Sam I Am (Admin 5588 posts) 15y Star this if you like it!

Hi Nicola,

Becky is right... unfortunately the working holiday visa is just out of reach for your age.

One option is to go on a six month tourist visa and then do volunteer work while you are travelling down there. The folk at WWOOF have tons of farms that sign up for their organisation and they publish a book with 600 addresses which retails for about 50 AUD. You won't get paid for your work on the farms, but you get free food and accommodation in return for a few hours work a day. If you do it right, you can see the whole country while staying on farms and not spending much at all....

Their website is Of course the Australian immigration website also offers some other working options. That website is