Skip Navigation

Tax and Superannuation refunds

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific Tax and Superannuation refunds

1. Posted by finesilver (Full Member 63 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

Hey, I've asked the Oz Tax office this too but if anyone has done this before I'd love your advice please...

I am an English girl and I fly out of Oz on 31st May. On the (DASP) -temporary resident form (NAT 7204-03) it states that I need to provide:

'a copy of your visa, or evidence tht you were a holder of an eligible temporary resisdent visa that has expired or been cancelled'.

My Working Holiday Visa is valid through until Oct 2006 but as I am on a Round the World trip I have only utilised it from Oct 05 - March 06 hence it won't expire until Oct 22nd 06.

Do I need to cancel this Visa to claim my Tax and Super back as it suggests on the form?
If so, who do I contact to do so and when (as I don't leave Oz until the end of May)?

Thank you for your help

2. Posted by majito (Respected Member 442 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

You don't need to cancel the visa to lodge a tax return, only the superannuation refund. If you send me your email address via this site I can email you the cancellation document. There's an email address on the document for the visa processing department in Hobart. Simply email it to them and they will take care of the rest.



3. Posted by finesilver (Full Member 63 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

Thanks very much for your help on this :)