Older People working in Oz

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific Older People working in Oz

1. Posted by weaversgal (Full Member 107 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

my partner and i are currently in asia travelling around and were thinking about going into oz to work for a year to save up so we can do new zealand and also see some of oz... we are struggling though as my partner does not qualify for the working visa as he is over the age limit he is however qualified in a trade, he fits windows, patio's, conservatories, doors etc...

the only visa relating to that seems to be the skilled visa but i cannot find what that would come under on their list of skilled professions... can anybody recommend a path we could go down to find out?? the only idea we can come up after looking on the net is to go into the oz embassy in hanoi or leave it until we get back to bangkok and speak to them there...

would appreciate anything that may help us with this...
thank you

2. Posted by majito (Respected Member 442 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

Hi there,

If you email me from this site and give me details of your husbands profession e.g. is he a carpenter, a plumber etc, I may be able to help you. I am a migration agent and am licensed to do this. I won't charge you anything as it will just be an assessment to point you in the right direction. If you send me your email address I'll send you an assessment form.


3. Posted by blitz (Budding Member 47 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

Hi there,
Came across this.

It's for Victoria, which Melbourne is the capital city.