Can I apply for UK Student Visa if my WHM visa refused?

Travel Forums Europe Can I apply for UK Student Visa if my WHM visa refused?

Last Post This thread is marked as being about United Kingdom
1. Posted by milkyway (First Time Poster 1 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!


I am from India. I am planning to apply for British WHM (Work Holiday Maker) Visa. In this relation I have a few queries:

1. In case my visa is being refused, am I eligible to apply for a student visa immediately after the British High Commission's decision?

2. In case of refusal, will my passport get refusal stamp?

3. Can I study in UK on my WHM visa? If yes, for how long?

Any advice on above would certainly help me a lot.

Many thanks


2. Posted by mena (First Time Poster 1 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

I am so sorry but I am not able to answer your quesry. I know nothing about visa's. Can I suggest that you contact the British Embassy in your country who will be able to help you, or contact the High Commission or the passport office in the UK, all of which you will find through a good search engine. You ought to be beable tyo email them. Apologies for not being able to help in this instance and I hope you have beeter luck with my suggestions or from another source. Regards

3. Posted by bob flinn (Full Member 173 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

Here are a few web sites that should answer most of your questions and let you be prepared for discuusions with the Embassy.

A working holiday visa allows a young person to come to the UK mainly for a long holiday, but also to work for part of this time (usually up to half of the time) to earn money for the holiday. You must obtain this visa from a British embassy or High Commission before you come to the UK. The application process and rules depend on where you live, because they depend on agreements between your country's government and the UK government. In some cases the process can take quite a long time even up to 6 months, and there is a small fee to be paid. Even if you have a visa, you could be refused entry into the UK by immigration officers if they believe you are intending to break the working holiday rules. You can study for some of the time, but the main reason for the trip must be holiday, not study or work.

I hope this helps and if you think I can be of more help please get back to me.