Skip Navigation

schengen visa 2007

Travel Forums Europe schengen visa 2007

1. Posted by richiefoss (First Time Poster 1 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

Do you know if Switzerland and Poland will join the Schengen group of countries in 2007. Does this mean that I can use a Schengen visa for Poland and Switzerland in 2007?

Thank you if you can help me
Richard Foss

2. Posted by mikeyBoab (Travel Guru 5077 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!


My understanding is that Switzerland joined Schengen last month. Poland is to join in October 2007, and you can use your Schengen visa from then. I would check with your country's embassy before travel though.


3. Posted by t_maia (Travel Guru 3290 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

Aren't you a citizen of the UK? Or is the statement in your profile wrong

If you are a UK citizen, you won't need a visa to travel within the EU. The UK is a member of the EU, have you forgotten? As such you are entitled to treat the EU as your home country, just like the UK. All you need is your passport to document your identity.

You also don't need a work or residence permit if you want to live elsewhere. You can start to work and live there (Poland, Switzerland) without any problems, as Poland is a EU-member and Switzerland has signed a association treaty with the EU, giving equal rights to EU and Swiss citizens respectively. Your only problem will be battling with the administrative rules if you want to live there - social insurance, residency papers, rules governing foreigners law, registering your job, etc.

[ Edit: Edited at Jul 26, 2006 1:18 PM by t_maia ]