Tax back - Australia (

Travel Forums General Talk Tax back - Australia (

1. Posted by treefairy (Budding Member 11 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!


I have tax & superannuation to claim back from Australia from last year and have advised that they will be taking almost half of the amount I am due in administration charges.

Has anyone claimed Australian tax back gone through an alternative agency that they can advise me of please?



2. Posted by Taffski (Travel Guru 182 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

Hi Caz,

We've got our Tax and Super Ann back from OZ ourselves. It's really not that hard!

All you need to do for your tax back is to go to the ATO web site and use the eTax facility. It's dead easy, you answer some questions and need your TFN etc. and your tax returns and then you put your tax return in.

We got ours back in about a month direct to our Oz Bank accounts, however, they will transfer it to UK accounts if required. No questions at all about it from them, however, I did have a few questions about the online form and phoned them up and they were really helpful too! Once you've done the online form, you send it to them with a few other supporting documents.

With regard to your Super Ann, you can also do this online once you've left the country and your working visa has been cancelled (when I tried to claim mine my working visa was still valid... 6 months later and I had to phone them to cancel it :)

Anyway, I did both mine and my GIRLF's online and we both got cheques delivered to the UK in a month! That simple !

It costs you nothing and you don't need to use these "helpful" agencies etc.

hope this helps


3. Posted by treefairy (Budding Member 11 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

Cheers Taffski,

I'll do it that way and cancel with :)

Thanks again mate