Skip Navigation

1. Posted by ahleeseeah (Budding Member 44 posts) 11y Star this if you like it!

Is it possible to file a tax return yourself, or is it necessary to use a website like


[ Edit: Edited at Oct 18, 2006 1:46 AM by ahleeseeah ]

2. Posted by majito (Respected Member 442 posts) 11y Star this if you like it!

You can DIY, but often tax agents can uncover things and get you refunds that you didn't see. Travellers Xpress are quite good.

3. Posted by mojorob (Moderator 1047 posts) 11y Star this if you like it!

Not necessary to go through a company such as but can be very useful! They tend to be up with tax developments in the countries they work in.

I actually used for my Australian taxes after a working holiday there (actually, it was quite some time after my working holiday as I didn't realised at the time I should have made a tax return until I was applying for residency some years later! In the UK with Pay As You Earn tax you don't usually need/have to make annual tax returns).

They got me a tax refund which was nice! The only small thing was that they tended to only communicate to me when they required something, but everything turned out fine.