Can anyone help advice on residency/sponsership?

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific Can anyone help advice on residency/sponsership?

1. Posted by rebeccak (Budding Member 7 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!


I have been to oz b4 and going back on a work hol visa, but I want to stay for good this time. Many people have told me to sort out the sponsership/business visa before I go. Other than contacting companies direct in Oz, which I have done, can any give advice on how I go about getting residency or sponsership..?

Anyone in Perth around Feb time for drinks!...


2. Posted by Sam I Am (Admin 5588 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

Your best option, outside of arranging it yourself in close co-operation with a company where you're working, would be to get an immigration agent involved in doing the paperwork.

majito posts regularly here on TP and knows a good deal about this :)

3. Posted by samsara_ (Travel Guru 5353 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

YOu should check out the Skilled Migrant worklist. If you qualify for that list then you can find work and sponsorship very easily. Thats how it works here in NZ, and I hear it's the same over in Oz.

Check out their Immigration website.

Hope that helps! ;)

4. Posted by mojorob (Moderator 1047 posts) 12y Star this if you like it!

Australian Immigration Website:

MARA Website:

MARA is the Migration Agents Registration Authority, and has a listing of migration agents (you need to use a registered agent if you use one). There are agents who are located in countries outside of Australia, or make trips to certain countries that they concentrate on. For example, typing "united kingdom" (type it out in full like that) in the search box for country brings up agents located in the UK.

If you're considering going through an agent, I'd suggest contacting a number of them to see which one you prefer, going by the way they deal with you, and costs involved.